Chapter 29: Thinking

******************

9 August 3113 (11th day in arena)

******************

I slowly bite down on the deer I caught about 2 hours ago. I rip off the flesh slowly, enjoying the sound it mkes. Poor deer. I chew and swallow, then frown. Its not as pleasent as I imagined. I force myself to eat, otherwise Cato will make me. He let's out a satisfactory moan as he chews. His piece ust be so much better then mine.

I can't help but let my mind drift to the rule change. It was for us? Right? I suddenly feel so stupid, this may just be an evil propaganda. Have we been lured into a scheaming plan? We had been so excited, but why? This is the first year this has ever happened.

Are they trying to get Cato and I to the final two, then revoke it, making one of us die? I mean no one likes a soft career. And they've already seen me cry, faint, twist my ankle but my feelings for Cato are what make me weak.

Careers can't love, only kill. Of course it wasn't for us. It was for the 'star-crossed lovers'. But Cato and I are in true love, so wouldn't they be interested in us? Cato and Clove, the deadly in love careers?

Maybe they won't change it, maybe, after all, it is for us.

But aren't the public in love with District 12? Why? 'Cause they had good stylists, they said good things 'bout the Capitol, and Peeta loves Fire Girl enough to run away with the careers. Pathetic.

But a quick thought flashs through my mind, then its gone and I'm forced to pull it back. What if, and this really is what if. But what if Cato and I kill District 12 and then win, will the public hate us?

Will the crowd detest us at a level that drives us to inpracticality? I heard of a young girl once where a rumor was made up about her, the teenagers at hr school pestered her so much, that she zoned out of reality. Ended up killing herself.

''Cato was there a cannon today?" I ask. He thinks then shakes his head.

''No Clo, there wasn't, why?" He asks curios.

''Just wondering that's all, couldn't remember'' He nods.

So that means Peeta isn't dead. I was almpt 100% sure today would be the day he would bleed out. Its been ages. Either he'll die tomorrow or he has really good sponsors. And over the rule change, Fire Girl may be helping him.

What I can't figure out is why I have so many questions floating through my head.

**********************

10 August 3113 (12th day in arena)

**********************

I roll over onto my back, trying to make sleep take me again. Curse you sunlight. Curse you mockingjays. I squeeze my eyes shut as tight as possible. Realising my attempts to sleep have failed, I slowly open my eyes.

I instantly regret it and curse loudly pulling the sleeping bag over my burning eyes.

Cato's warm chuckle startles me and I jump a foot in the air before scrambbling out of the sleeping bag.

''Did you wake up?" He asks sacrastically. I roll my eyes, while folding up the sleeping bag. I shove it into my pack, and have a little sip of water to calm my burning throat.

I sat down cross-legged on a patch of grass. Cato moves from lying on his stomach to proped up on one elbow. He's pulling apart some mossy-straw like plant.

''That could be poisonous'' I complain. He shrugs. ''Probably is'' He smiles. I cross my arms. ''Your impossible Cato'' I moan angrily. He smirks. ''You know you love me'' He finishes that with a wink. ''That could be debated'' I counter.