A Dead Man's Journal

"Sometimes, I truly wish I had been killed.

Other times, I try to remind myself that maybe eventually we'll be almost back together, a team again.

Then I realize it's already more broken than what an expert can put back together.

Just hanging pieces off over an endless ocean with a current that stretches for miles.

Somewhere, I hope that maybe the four of the pieces will be put back together,

But I know otherwise.

I keep trying to imagine them now, unbroken,

The two women of the team

Alive and kicking.

I know they're just as broken as we are, torn from the old team. Thought to have killed us, fighting against the man who brought us all together.

I don't know why I keep seeing them in my dreams.

No, I take that back.

I know exactly why.

I didn't want to hurt them. Any of them.

I was worried about... him... doing something that I couldn't stop. His vendetta wasn't against them. In fact, he didn't want to hurt them, get them involved in any way.

He... he told me once that he felt like a father to them.

To all of us.

They were his daughters and we were his sons.

He told me that we were the family that h-he never had.

He told me it... killed him to seperate us. Said it would be better if we got away from the UNSC.

We didn't have time to bring them...

I regret it, now.

Everyday of my life after that point.

I heard that Aerin... Nevada, now, supposedly killed a man, thrown in prison without a fair trial. I doubt it was because of the 'murder'.

I think it was more of the fact that she was related to... him... that she and the rest of the team might as well be the same as him.

I wish... I wish..."