On The Ground

A/n: Yet another chapter in Third Person. Sorry, it's just a bit easier to get you guys longer chapters and more detail. First and Third each have their perks... Second is just lain weird.

Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter despite it being in third. I know a few of you prefer one over the other, but I write in too many different styles to keep them all straight in my head.

Wait, you thought I was done with this author's note, didn't you? Nope. I have one more thing to say.

This basically an "I'm sorry" chapter for not posting that damned Christmas special. I sat down for about five hours, and wrote this (might seem like awhile for just a chapter, but, hey, I'm easily distracted.

My whole winter break has been severely fucked since getting out of school. Just recently, a lot of my work that I had saved on my tablet was deleted. That work was a lot of writing, both for wattpad, and future updates. Can you tell how that made me feel, considering I don't even know how long I've worked on all of that? I'll be posting the Specials after New Years.

Now, it's the end of my note.

♤¤♤¤♤

Nevada twisted around to lay on her stomach, groaning as she felt the ache spread up and down her back with the movement. Maybe that wasn't such a bright idea after all. She pushed herself up, feeling her back pop in multiple places as she stretched. With that, she promptly let out a overdrawn sigh, collapsing back to the ground, waiting for it to subside.

"Ooh, it's such a great feeling in the morning to have your tail bone shoved into your gut," Iowa said somewhere behind her, a light chuckle followed by a cough in her words. Despite the distance between the two of them, Nevada could still hear the snaps and pops from Iowa's miscellaneous limbs, most likely her shoulders, neck, and back. Perhaps her knees as well.

Nevada threw a sideways glance at Alaska, who seemed to be completely fine, just laying on his stomach, his chin resting on his crossed arms. "Karma, bitch," He said, eyeing Nevada. She didn't doubt that he held that smile he always has, and that arched brow when he knows they did something stupid and paid for it.

"You know, I landed on a rock thanks to you. Could be a bit nicer," She said with a light laugh, closing one eye behind her helmet as she shifted a little to far to the left, a jolt of sharp pain shooting through her lower back. Definitely hit a rock. With her luck, it was the only one in the general area.

He laughed, a sarcastic tone tinting his chuckles. "Not my fault. If I remember correctly, you're the one-"

"I absolutely love this conversation, but I love how no fucks were given about my tail bone being shoved into my gut," Iowa called from behind them, dusting her armour with one hand, the other working to get bits of twigs and leaves out of the crevices and undersuit. She was honestly surprised that she didn't get a twig in her arm with how hard they his the roofs of those trees, followed by the... rough landing on the ground.

Alaska glanced her direction, resting his head on his arms. "Eh, you're alright," He didn't evaluate anymore, pushing himself up into a low crouch, scanning the area aroud them. Forest. Everywhere. An odd sense of deja vu settled over him as he looked through the darkness.

She rolled her eyes, sitting cross-legged on the ground. "Fuck you too, man," She said, resting her elbows on her knees.

"I just want to let you know, both of you are complete assholes!" A familiar, semi-high pitched voice called from somewhere to the side of them, the sound of footsteps getting nearer and neared to them followed her sentence. Nevada glanced up from her spot on the ground just in time to see Michigan, CO, and Montana break through the line of foliage.