Long-winded Author's Note! 3/14/14

You don't have to read!! Just a long-winded note from e explaining a few changes ( quite a few changes).

    ~Author's note!~ As of March, fourteenth, 2014 (3/14/14)

   Okay, hey there. Well, I'm here to explain and say a few things that relate to both Before The Storm (book one) and this one.

    First of all, the main change is that I am changing Alaska, Michigan, Iowa, Oregon, Tracer, Echo, and Nevada into marines or ODSTs. The reason is because I noticed how over powered I made them. It wasn't fair, and I am making the fights more fair from here on. Alaska was a marine fighter pilot in the UNSC. Michigan was a tech expert. Tracer and Echo... well they defected before anyone could get a listing on them. Oregon served as an ODST. Iowa and Nevada both spent time as both normal marines, and ODSTs. And, yes, I am in the process of changing this in BOTH stories, so bare with me. It's a pretty big change.

  Secondly, I am actually EDITING! Oh, isn't it amazing. Seekers. Editing. It's a freakin miracle. But I figured that I needed a little revision, spell checking, and grammar checking. And by a little, I mean a lot. If you've bared with me this far, then you should know exactly what I'm talking about. It's been HORRIBLE! I should have been better. I should have done a better job with Before The Storm. Let the plot develop before I rushed into things. Should have taken my time writing each and every chapter, instead of rushing to get an update out there.

  I should have done more checking over it before posting. Should have tried to slow it down. Before The Storm is all over the place. It jumps from topic to topic, with hardly any description to the surroundings. The people. To the state of panic that the Project was in. Who Tracer and Echo were -are-. Why they meant so much to Iowa and Nevada.

... I seriously could have done so much better. In every aspect of the story. I truly could have.

  I am disappointed in myself, and I apoligize for the poor excuse of a story that it originally was. Hopefully, just hopefully, with the editing that I am going to do, it will improve drastically. I may not be able to add more chapter to help, so expect the chapters to grow. And maybe you can actually see the sights in your own mind. This is my challenge to myself. If I completely, and utterly, fail, Iowa, I want you to repeat one thing for me. Remember the day we decided to write Our Retarded Lives? The incident that led to that? Well, I want you to throw a notebook at me. Maybe it will remind me that I'm here to write. Not to lolly-gag and waste my time. Please, just do it to me if you think I'm wasting time. Do it. Do it the next day at school. Trust me, I'll take it. I would deserve it.

.... I must sound a bit insane now, huh?

  Now, I should get on the topic of Blood On Our Hands.

  This one is not nearly as bad as Before The Storm, I hope. I'm trying to take it slow, and actually advance the plot more slowly (is that proper grammar? it doesn't sound right...). It won't be action scene after action scene. It will have a plot. It will (hopefully) be easier to understand and follow. It (hopefully) won't be all over the place. I hope it will be better than the first one.

  For the most part, I have a plot in mind (Thank you, Iowa!) So it should move more... smoothly (Bow chicka bow wow!) than the first one. Hopefully, it will actually have more humor in it. Give it some life, instead of the dull, life that I made the main characters live. I think I owe it to the readers to make it better. After all, they graced me with over two thousand reads on a poorly edited story. For that, I am honored. Man, that sounded more formal than I meant it to.

... I'm getting extremely off-topic again. Damn you, mind. No wonder I run into walls and parked cars. Gah, I going off topic! Someone slap me. Iowa, don't get any ideas!

Well. I actually think I'm.... never mind. I still have a few things.

  I need YOUR help. Yes, you.

  I am going to ask you a few questions.

Oh man, this is seriously going to hurt me!

Give me a rating and critique of Before the Storm, please. Help me fix it. Help me make it better. I know it's horrible. So tell me. Slap me over the internet. Remind me that I wrote it, and that I need to make it better. Please, at least, help me with finding all the errors. It needs it. Horribly.

  Please do the same for Blood On Our Hands!

  Final question.

  Do you like the POV (point of view) switches in Blood On Our Hands? Are they to confusing? All I really know is that they help me keep the chapters longer... Not sure if they are okay or not.

Well. I guess this is it, for now. I am so sorry for writing such a long author's note. But, I think, it was necessary to explain and ask EVERYTHING that I needed to. Maybe it can help clear up somethings.

So, for now, I bid you all adieu!

(Will be posting chapter twelve [An Explanation] hopefully tomorrow, 3/15/14. Maybe the next day. Just letting readers know!)