Concerns

I felt the corner of my mouth twitch, holding back a smile as I watched CO and Montana train together. I knew they weren't taking it seriously, but it's not like I even exected them to. I know them; sometimes, they can be worse than Iowa and myself in a match. Goofing off, laughing all the way. I know I'm guilty of doing the same damn thing. Hell, all of our team has. I certainly know that for a fact.

CO slid to the right, narrowly avoid a sharp strike from Montana. From where I stood, up in the observation room, I could hear the both of them laugh. Wonder what those two are talking about while trying to beat the hell out of each other. Must be a damn interesting conversation. Both women down in the arena doubled over, laughing. Even from here, I could see their shoulders shaking from the laughing attack, and hear faint echos from the two of them. I caught the sound of footsteps behind me. I made the mistake of ignoring it, and not even turning to look at who it might be. I yelped as chunks of something cold went down my shirt, courtesy of the person behind me.

"Holy- What the fu- Iowa!" I exclaimed, shaking the cubes of ice from the back of my shirt, turning to face the perpetrator. She smiled jokingly at me, popping a small cube in her mouth, extending the cup in my direction. She smiled at me, the corners of her lips twitching as she held in a burst of laughter at my reaction.

"A hello would have been fine, Iowa," I said, rolling my eyes, feeling a smile spread across my face as I took one. I shook my head, turning my attention back towards the fight, watching the two of them. Montana extended a hand toward the downed CO. CO slapped it away, shaking her head. Montana backed away, obviously laughing. I rubbed my neck, still feeling the ice despite it being in quickly melting chunks on the ground.

The hydraulic door behind the two of us opened, someone's footsteps following soon after. I was half expecting it to be another Freelancer, but not one from out team. They like to congregate in this area, whereas my team prefers the hangar or the mess hall. I would say we're a bunch of fatasses, but we hardly eat there. More of a gathering lace for us. "Hey! You two! Get your asses over to the Director's office! And grab the other two girls for me. Oh, and come in your armour. Director's orders," Michigan called to the two of us, not even waiting for our responses before he turned back out the door, away from us.

I sighed quietly to myself, my eyes still watching the training match between the two other women on our team. We wouldn't be called directly to his office unless it's important, huh? "Wonder what it is this time..." I trailed off with a yawn, glancing at my partner beside me, the ice in the cup steadily melting the longer she held it. I eventually sighed, knowing we couldn't just stand there for much longer without getting another... message from the Director, via Michigan, Alaska, or FILSS. And I know he doesn't like repeating himself. Found that out such a long time ago, it seems.

I pressed the small, silver button on the control panel to my right, activating the comms inside the training arena."CO, Montana, times up. Director needs us," I said, taking my finger off the button before they could respond. Both of them raised their thumbs, nodding. I turned to Iowa, nodding. "Let's go," Iowa followed me, soon joined by the other two women who had yet to get into their armour, just training without it.

The walk seemed to take forever, just the four of us walking through the hall. Maybe it was just me, but times seemed to come to a stand still, seemed to take longer than it really did. Maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me, maybe it was all the thoughts runninf through my head about why, exactly, he's calling us to his office. Maybe it's both, maybe it's both combined with the fact that I keep thinking about the time instead of worrying about walking, and keeping up with the other three girls in the team.

Getting our armour didn't take long. I can remember when it took us simply forever to figure out which attachment went where, and how it fit. Now, it's easy. Get it on and go, and don't think about it. I cast a nod at York and Wash as they walked past us, both already in their armour, getting ready for their day.