Investigation Of The Past

The Director sighed. Some of his Agents were getting curious about the past of the Project. Until now, he's done so well at hiding it, protecting the secrets that they should not know, what all happened six years ago. Yes, there'd come a time when he would have to tell them, awaken those four, but the problem was that he didn't know when. How could anyone know when the time was right to awaken the best Agents from six years of slumber, and tell the current Agents about the other Project that nearly tore them apart?

How can you prepare fo something like that?

He didn't know how well they'd react to the current Freelancers, if they'd get along. He knew, without a doubt, that they were th best. Especially those two. He sighed at the minor annoyance. He'd have to awaken them soon, or else the ither Agents would find that door, and would hackinto it, discovering what, or who, lies behind it. Agent Texas already discovered it, one way or another, and York had a picture of those two. The past would not remain hidden for much longer.

He couldn't keep it all a secret for much longer.

In those six years, the Director's hair had went from all black to black with grey streaks. Time was wearing on him. "Sir, is something bothering you?" The Counselor asked from the corner of his office. "No, just thinking," The Director replied a bit more harshly than he had meant to. The Counselor didn't seem fazed by the outburst, and simply said, "Yes, sir," Really, the Director didn't know why he was so loyal to him. He didn't always treat him with the respect he deserves.

"Are you worried about them?" The Counselor asked. "Not worried about them, I'm worried about the chaos they'll cause, You know them. They only ever got along with each other, no one else," The Director replied. "I understand, sir. When do you think would be an ideal time to awaken them?" The Counselor asked. The Director sighed. "I don't have an idea," He said. The Counselor remained quiet, and the Director turned his attention to the screen on his right. At the moment it was blank. He was supposed to be working, planning. But then he got distracted, and everything stopped.

"Do you have a suggestion?" The Director, He rarely asked the Counselor for counsel. Probably not his best decision, but he couldn't help it. He's always been self-reliant. "Like you said, sir, I do not have an idea. It is hard to find the correct time to awaken them," The Counselor replied. The Director let out an irratated sigh, and leaned back in his chair.

~,~,~

York couldn't get Hawaii out of his head. Why did he act that way to a simple picture? Come in with armed guards, and order him to give the picture over? None of it made sense. None of it clicked. A piece was missing entirely. But what could it be? Were those two related to him, or did they just serve with him? Or is it just a classified thing that he should have never discovered, something directly from the UNSC? What was missing?

He knew he was stressing over something that could be nothing. But his logical mind wanted answers. Needed answers. This was always something that plagued him, the inability to let a situation go. He couldn't stop thining of that. He could push it to the edge of his mind, but couldn't let go. He'd have to find the answers eventually. Bu what if they weren't supposed to be found? What if they were something that could possibly endanger the Project? What if those guys in the picture were extremely dangerous to the Project?

There were so many possibilities to chose from. Really, all York wanted to know is what their name's were, why they're such a closely guarded secret. Why is the Director keeping them a secret? To him, it'd make more sense to tell them if they were a threat. It would keep them off their history, make others stay away from getting curious. But, if that's true, then why was there a picture on the Mother Of Invention - a Freelancer ship- of them? He guessed that one could have been a Freelancer, and the other was killed or defected.