Awakening

I sat up quickly, dull pain shooting through my abdoment, and up and down my entire body. I doubled over, coughing into my hand. What... the hell... I looked around quickly, my mind trying to process where I was. White beds... a couple of IVs sitting around, and a steady... beeping sound coming from beside me. Why... why am I in the med bay?

I looked down at my arm, seeing the IV. I looked around, searching for one of the doctors, or, more likely, Iowa, before grabbing the cord, and pulling it from my arm, followed by the tape. I shut the machine off before it could start it's incestent beeping again.

I placed a hand on my abdomen, feeling the bandages underneath my personal clothes. What did I do? What did I do? I repeated in my mind, swinging my legs over the side of the bed with a sharp pain hitting me again. I pushed it out of my mind, dropping down to the floor, a chill running up my spine.

I took a few steps, nearly collapsing once again. I reached out, my hand landing on the edge of the bed, keeping me on my feet. Maybe this isn't my best I idea... I closed my eyes, trying to regain my balance. I took a few more steps, the weariness slowly wearing off as the feeling returned to my muscles. I straightened out as best as I could, feeling my back pop.

I rolled my shoulders, taking a deep breath.

I walked towards the door, stopping just short of it, waiting for it to open. When it did, I paused, listening to the approaching footsteps, probably from one of the marines. With how bad I feel, they probably have me confined to bed for at least a couple of days. I'll know with the pain meds wear off. I pressed my back against the wall, manually shutting the door with the button on the side.

I peered through the small window in the center of the door, seeing the marine examine the door, cocking his head to the side. He shrugged, continuing along his way before turning around the corner, and disappearing from my vision. I counted down from three before releasing the manual lock, letting the door open again. I slipped out, quickly glancing up and down the hall.

I placed a hand on my abdomen, right on top of the bandages. I just hope the meds don't wear out anytime soon... I still hae no idea what the hell happened... why the hell I was in the med bay, on those drugs. I looked down at my abdomen again, trying to remember.

A quick flash of the detention block flashed through my mind, with ticking in the background, quiet. I stumbled, extending my palm to stop me from falling. "What the hell...?" I muttered, pushing myself off the wall, down the hall. I don't know where I was headed, really. My feet were just leading me which ever way they wanted to.

I pressed up against the wall, listening for footsteps. Something really told me that I probably shouldn't be out of the med bay. I was starting to feel it, too. "Shit," I muttered, slipping into one of the command centers as another group of marines neared my postion. I watched them in the reflection of the deactivated leader board, hoping the shadows concealed me enough so they couldn't see me. Would they even know about what happened?

I shrugged to myself, slipping back out of the door, glancing around, watching for anyone else that might be passing along this way. Odd how there's not many people wandering the halls today. I made of mental note it, searching for any sign of movement. "Clear..." I muttered. Why am I talking to myself like I have a team --or even just a partner, my partner- with me? I'm the only one here...

I quietly padded through the halls, stopping the moment I heard voices. "I want you to figure what the fuck happened here, got it? If this happened here, it could happen in other places. Find what happened, and report it to me. Got it?" I heard an older man, one of the marines in charge of the others -most likely- bark at one of the others. "Good. Now get to work. Don't make me come down here a second time," I heard the hydraulic door slide open, followed by the sound of footsteps walking away from the area, luckily away from me.