Why?

Her eyes slowly fluttered open, only greeted by dizziness, faint nausea, and everything around her being blurry, out of fucus. "What... the hell?" Nevada muttered, attempting to push herself off the ground, a feeble attempy that did not work. As her vision cleared partially, she looked around, the dizziness still present.

The room.

It wasn't familiar. It wasn't her and Iowa's dorm. It was smaller, lacking in any color at all. Blank. Bland. Small. Not hers.

There were no pictures of her and her team on the wall shelving, no little refrigerator containing the water, no coffee machine to help her with the headache. Nothing at all.

But that's not it, it's missing one, very crucial, element.

Iowa's no where to be seen.

Nevada slowly rose to a sitting position, aware of the distant, almost not there, pain in her arm. She looked down at it, seeing it bruised, and a small, almost unnoticible, puncture in her arm... caused by a needle. I was drugged? What happened last night... I can't remember clearly enough.... She furrowed her brows, trying to remember previous night. It had to be something bad, didn't it? If she was drugged to knock her out?

What the hell happened? Seriously?

And why was she removed from her own dorm?

"Ugh..." She muttered, leaning against the wall. Who ever brought her here didn't even bother making sure she was comfortable, just dumped her on the floor. If she ever finds out who... welll, let's just say it won't be their favorite day that day.

She slowly stood to her feet, using the wall to balance her as another wave of dizziness hit. If she didn't know better, she'd guess that they got a little drunk again. But, the problem was, their contact had been fired as a pilot, then moved to be a permanent worker in the hangar. So drinking was impossible. "What the hell happened?" She asked herself again, walking over to the bed to sit down.

She was sore, as if she had been fighting for awhile. Maybe that was it? Was she ticked off, and started another fight with other Freelancers? She looked down at her hands, turning them to look at her knuckles. They were bruised, pretty severly. It seemed that she went up against other's who were in their armor... while she was not. Or that maybe she was over-killing it... again.

What did she do? She can't remember clearly enough to give a definate answer. It's like it there, but it'sjust out of reach. She can almost see it, it's just not clear enough for her to see with detail.

She closed her eyes, wishing the headache would pass soon. They could've just gave her something with caffeine in it, right? Caffeine knocks out headaches, right? It would have helped, at least temporarily. "Ugh..." She collapsed back on the bed, thinking.

She suddenly sat straight up.

"Zeta? Are you there?" She asked, suddenly feeling the void in her mind. It was hard to explain... It just felt empty.

"Zeta, please answer," She pleaded. Still no response came.

"Zeta!" She yelled, hoping to receive an answer.

No response came.

~,~,~

Iowa awoke groggily, the headache already present, just like the dizziness, the blurriness, and the faint sense of nausea that came with it. She was flat on her stomach, in the middle of an empty room, the only real usuable thing being the bed pressed in the far corner.

"This isn't my room," She said, slowly pushing herself off the ground. The first thing she noticed was that Nevada wasn't with her, which troubled her. She's hardly ever without her partner. It's odd that they'd be seperated for... What even happened? She can't remember... It's so distant, yet so close. Just out of her reach.

"What the hell happened?" She rubbed her arm where it was much more sore than the rest of her. She looked down at her right arm curiously. She narrowed her eyes at it.

It was certainly a punture mark caused by a needle, she just doesn't remember when it happened.

Why can't I remember exactly what happened? She thought to herself, looking at the bruises on her knuckles. She touched her knee, wincing slightly when the pain shot up her leg. It wasn't a,,, horrible pain, she just knew it was a pretty big bruise.

She caught a flash of something, something from last night.

She said CO and Montana, both on the floor, knocked out.

And, just like that, it was gone. "What the hell?" She questioned aloud, resting her chin on her fist.

All she could remember is that someone hurt CO and Montana, which already had her pissed off. Who did it? Well, the question should be 'Why did they do it?' at this thought, she remembered something... 'For the sake of the Project'... What did that mean? He was obviously sent by the Director, or Counselor at least. But, still, why?

"Eta, do you know what happened last night?" She asked her AI, looking around the room, as if that'd give her an answer. She received no answer. which made her curious.

"Eta, are you purposely ignoring me?" She asked, crossing her arms, smiling. He still did not answer.

"Eta?" She asked, suddenly more serious.

"Please answer, this isn't funny," She said looking around.

She received no answer.

"Eta... what the hell happened last night?"

~,~,~

"Sir, Agents Iowa and Nevada are now awake," The Counselor reported, entering his office with the unknown man right by his side. The man nodded at the Director, silent.

"And the others?" The Director asked, merely glancing at them as he sorted through numerous stacks of papers, each varying in topics.

"They have been awake, since we did not need the measures we used on Agents Nevada and Iowa. All of them have realized what we did," The unknown man said, looking at the Director, emotionless. The Director merely glanced at him.

"Good, but did I not tell you to notify me the moment they awaken?" The Director asked, looking at him. The man just looked down, not looking directly at him, as if ashamed.

"I'm sorry, sir. It will not happen again," The man apologized, still not looking at the Director. The Counselor glanced at him, then back at the Director, who seemed rather relaxed. Or, at least, as relaxed as he could appear.

"Good,"

...

Seekers here! I'm sorry for the short chapter AGAIN!! I feel so bad for having short chapters, but I HOPE they will be getting longer. These past two have been basically place holders (KINDA) to further the plot!

This one, for instance, gave a glance about how lost they are without their AI (Seriously, they've had them HOW long, and now they are suddenly gone?). Just think how'd they feel, suddenly having basically a piece of them ripped out. Now they only have ONE voice in their heads. Well, maybe Iowa has an extra one lost in there, somewhere. She always has an extra voice, not an AI.

Anyways, I'm rambling. This is what I get for rushing another chapter. I feel bad :( Anyways, Hope you enjoyed!

I will see you in the next chapter! Buh-bye!

Seekers, out.