Shadowed Discovery

The Director made his decision on when they should be awakened.

  But... it was a "decision" exactly. He truly didn't count it as a decision. "Sir, are you sure this is the right course of action?" The Counselor asked, staring curiously at the Director, who was seated at his desk like usual. The room was dark, the only light was eminating from a small, curved lamp on the edge of his desk. It cast an eerie shadow across both of their features, making the Director appear more solemn than he actually was.

"I am sure, Counselor. They have made the correct choices before, and will do so now," The Director said, no hint of emotion on his face. The Counselor couldn't read his body language, couldn't decipher what he truly meant by his words. "But, sir, they do not know of them or their history. How would they decide the correct time?" The Counselor argued, keeping any emotion from his own voice to match the Director's attitude. He was silenced by a stern look from the Director, and slunk back into his dark corner, just standing their, standing, watching the Director curiously.

"Counselor, get me their service records. I'd like to review them again," The Director said. The Counselor gave a small nod, "Yes, sir," He left the room for aproximately ten minutes, a small stack of papers in hand. The Director prefers papers over documents on the computer. Much more secure, especially with a talented Agent like Agent York. He hacks anything to find what he wanted to know, even the Director's files. At least he had FILSS and Alpha to keep his work secure.

He knew his decision was correct.

The current Agents would chose when they were to awaken.

~,~,~

Carolina swerved to avoid a volley of paint coming at her. She didn't know how, exatly, she got dragged into the paint war, but it happened anyways. She was glad, actually, to have some kind of sport to keep her mind off of Tex. Lately, that's been the only thing on her mind. Beating Texas. But even she knew how far away that goal was, how unlikely it was. But she couldn't stop trying. Her anger, her determination are what fueled her, kept her moving swiftly forward, not stopping for anyone. She needed this.

She ducked behind a pillar just as more paint came at her from an unknown source. Who ever it was, they were making sure that she didn't see them, or where they were. They were meticulous about not being found. She wondered who it was. She thought there were only five or six people in the war, counting herself. She wasn't sure on all the members, except Hawaii, and Kansas. Kansas was already out, stuck to a pillar in the center of the room. He was the idiot who just walked into the center, expecting not to get shot right off the bat.

She should be out hunting them, not getting hunted herself. She peeked around the corner, and, yet again, was greeted by the pink blur of paint zipping past her head. At least it didn't hit. She heard the side of one of the pistols connect with armor, creating a loyd thud that echoed around the room. Then a few shots of paint sounded, and she knew one more was out.

"Carolina, why don't you come face me? Stop hiding!" Hawaii called out. Just the sound of his voice irked Carolina, and she stepped out from behind her pillar, her eyes meeting his. They pointed their pistols at each other, and pulled the trigger.

The paint covered Hawaii's chest, and Carolina was the last man standing.

Until her armor locked from the paint, and she crashed to the ground.

It was the first time she had ever gotten hit by paint.

But, the problem was, she didn't remember Hawaii shooting at her. She heard footsteps coming toward her. A pair of black boots walked a few feet in front of her. She quietly sighed when she realized who it was. Texas. She cursed under her breath. She hadn't even realized that she was in this match. And it wasn't hawaii firing at her, it was Texas. She was just playing with her. She was behind her the entire damn time. Carolina should have been more observant, should have seen which direction the shots were coming from.