Snapped

I pushed Iowa out of the way as Kansas flung a glass coffee mug in our direction. She stopped herself from falling t the floor just as the mug connected with the wall, the liquid inside of it splattering on the wall, the mug itself shattering into small little fragments, falling to the floor.

My eyes shifted from the wall, to Kansas, who held his hands against the sides of his head, yelling. "Get out! Get out!" He repeated, over and over again. He fell into silence for a few moments, completely still. I could see his finger twitching against the sides of his head, his eyes wide open, staring blankly at the wall across from him.

I looked at the rest of the team, nodding my head towards Kansas, silently asking 'What the hell is wrong with him?' They shook their heads, not saying anything. I turned my gaze back towards Kansas, unsure if I should move or not. Seriously, what the hell...?

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw CO move from her position, towards Kansas. Automatically, Iowa's and my hands shot out, grabbing her by the arm, pulling her back towards us. "We don't know what the hell is wrong with him, CO. Don't make a move," Iowa whispered into her ear, still looking at Kansas, her eyes narrowed, questioning him.

Without a single word, CO shook our hands off, running over to Kansas. "Fuck! CO, get back over here!" I called, trying to grab the back of her armour, but she was already out of my reach. She crouched down in front of Kansas, looking up at him. She always was the team player. But, at times like this, I doubt it's a good thing.

"Hey, Kansas, can you hear me?" She asked, casting us a sharp glare, probably saying 'Shut the hell up, I'm trying to do this,' Or something along those lines, at least. His gaze shifted down from the wall, towards CO.

Without hardly missing a beat, he snapped. He took her to the ground, throwing punches at her face. It took me a moment to react, confused by the whole event. When it actually clicked, I ran towards them, slamming my foot against his abdomen, throwing him off of CO. I kept my eyes on him, pulling CO to her feet. I turned to her, seeing her lip split, a trickle of blood going down her chin.

Kansas still hadn't said a word, just pushed himself off the ground, turning to look at us. I'm glad he's wearing his helmet, I don't want to see his eyes. I don't know why, I just don't want to see his eyes.

I could tell from the way his muscles under his armour tensed that he was about to lunge at us, more specifically at me. Iowa must have seen the sudden movement, because she kicking him down and away again, his body slamming against the wall, near his bed.

Without taking my eyes of of Kansas, I took a step backwards, grabbing Michigan's arm. "Mich, do me a favor, and go get a medic or two. I don't know what the hell's going on, and I want to knock him out for awhile," I finished, releasing his arm. He nodded, not saying anything, just turned and left.

I turned back to Kansas, who pushed himself up, off the ground, back onto his feet, his gaze focused on me, or maybe it was CO, standing beside me. I couldn't tell in the slightest. He swayed on his feet, unsteady.

I could feel a headache forming, slowly, but I could feel the throb, the distant ache that was barely there. It felt... odd. I shook my head, pushing the thoughts from my mind. I saw Kansas reach for something behind him. I narrowed my eyes, watching him carefully, shifting on my feet. If possible, I don't want to seriously hurt him. Despite not being a member of our team directly, he was a part of our group of Freelancers, he knew what happened back then.

I don't want to put him in the med bay for too long, you know?

Then I saw what he held in his hand.

A pistol.

In one quick motion, he pulled it up, cocking it back, aiming at either CO or myself. I didn't even have to think. The adrenaline, the instincts did it for me. I pushed CO out of the way, quickly taking a step to the side. The bullet embedded into the wall directly beside me.