Uncovered, Yet Still Unanswered

Their records always showed their prowess battle, their efficient kills. Their speed and audacity. Their pure strength. It proved that they were some of the best soldiers.

But it never said anything about their past, the shadowed history that brought them all into the Project. And that history should never be dragged back up. The Director wasn't even planning on telling any of the new Freelancers about the enemy they faced six years ago. And the fact that the leader of that organization is still out there, and breathing. Probably plotting, knowing that they would awaken again soon, and come hunting after them.

But, his only question was, would those two be able to kill him? They share so much with that man. Their whole past traces back to him. All their training was done with him. He basically raised them. They were part of an advanced ODST division that made them ready for almost everything. That's also how their team bond so well. They had to be friends to be able to preform the tasks that were handed to them, or else they'd fail and most likely die.

"Sir, is something bothering you?" The Counselor asked, his face partially shrouded by the shadows in the Director's office. The Director rested his head on his hand, no worry shown on his face. "No, Counselor. Just wondering how the other Agents might react to have that team amongst them. For them, it's not everyday that you walk beside people who saved the Project," The Director said calmly. In the history of the Project, they have been the only ones of their kind on the ship, plus Oregon. he, actually, was amazed that the UNSC gave them up. Especially Iowa, Nevada, and Oregon. But, he doubted, he figured Nevada and Iowa would have had to stay, partly because of their strength in battle. But, they were a package deal. You get one, you got the other. As simple as that.

Alaska probably would have stayed with the UNSC, too. But, after several conversations with his commanders, they hesitantly agreed. Michigan was a tech expert, very valuable to the UNSC. He could hack into Tier Two technology, even branching into Tier One. A real genius. It took quite a long time to get him into the Project. Oregon was first one on the ship. The UNSC didn't give him up without a fight , but, eventually, he won, and got him.

And, they all led up to this, a band of marines, some trained like them, but no where near them.

How is all going to start?

He smiled to himself, but the Counselor didn't see it. His gaze was focused on the security camera view that was displayed on his tablet. It showed the off-limits section, where Agents Texas and York were.

~,~,~

Tex pushed York to the door roughly. He stumbled a bit, but caught himself, hands flat against the the metal door. He gave her a curious look, and said, "Why are we here?" North peeked around Tex at him, silently questioning him. York shrugged, not knowing either. "Open it," Tex ordered. York looked around, confused about what she was talking about. "The door. Open the damn door!" She ordered once again, motioning to the door behind him.

He turned around, looking at the door. He searched for the keypad, and found it on the right side of the door. "I don't know the code," He complained. "Find it," She ordered, a venomous tone in her voice. He sighed, and racked his brain, trying to find the answer. He felt like this was a hostage situation. If Tex had a gun, he betted that it would be pressed against his back. Hopefully north would save him if so. Scratch that, Tex would take them both out if she was like that.

She wouldn't betray them... Right? Over something like this? She seemed pretty loyal to the Project, never openly questioning the Project. If she had her own motives, she kept them well hidden behind her barrier that she kept between her and the other agents. No one knew anything about her. She always kept her distance from the others, hardly ever chatting with them. That, in time, led them all to be weary of her. She didn't seem like the person to piss off.