Who Are They?

The metal door slid open after a few moments of stillness, as if it hadn't been used in numerous years. It probably hadn't been used in several years, York thought as he stepped into the dark room. Immediately, he felt the cold hit his skin, even through the spandex under his armor. He shivered. Why is it so cold?

Tex followed in behind him, unaffected by the freezing temperature. She looked around, trying to decipher what lied in the room. North came to stand beside York, just as confused as York was. What the hell is going on here? What's in here? Why was it so secure? All these questions floated through North and York's mind as they gazed around.

Being his curious self, York proceeded further into the room, where small, not very bright, lights were at odd placements on the wall. He turned toward the nearest one, holding a hand out to tell where he was going. The, his hand hit something colder than the rest of the room. He bit his lip, wondering what to do. From the dim lights on what ever it was, he could barely make out that it was glass, frosted over from the cold.

Slowly, he swiped him hand to the side, leaving a mostly clear streak behind. He jumped backwards at the sight, slipping on the slick ground, before regaining his stability. He gazed in with complete amazement, or horror. He saw the armor from the back ground of the picture, the one like CT's. A cold chill raced up his back. Is he or she dead? Or just frozen? How long has he or she been there? Is there others?

To answer his own question, he steadily moved to the next one directly beside it. He cleared a small are, just large enough for him to see through. The one in green, standard armor resided within. Again, a cold chill ran up York's back. He wondered if those other two were here. York turned, and slowly walked toward the other side It was dead silent, and time seemed to slow down. The echo of his footsteps bounced around the room.

He closed his eyes as he cleared an area to see through. He didn't jump. He pretty much knew what was going to be seen through the thick glass. Someone in blue Mark V armor stared back at him. This was actually kind of creepy. Knowing, for the most part, who the last one was going to be.

The strange helmet stared back at him, sending chills up his spine. North looked at him curiously, as if asking if they were alive or not. In response, York shrugged, and took a step away from the tubes, trying to get a larger view on things. He heard keys being pushed, and looked toward Tex, who just finished putting in some code on a small keypad near the door. As if on queue, the sound of releasing air filled the room

~,~,~

Carolina woke up after just a few minutes of sleep. She growled in frustration then sat up, swinging her legs over the side of the bed. She sighed, and rested her head on her fist, once again. Apparently, she wasn't going to ever get a good night's sleep anymore. Her dreams were either filled with nightmares, or they were just replaying, and replaying, and relaying the humiliating fight. And it was truly getting annoying. She needed the sleep. Needed it so she could continue training until she was better than Texas.

But, would that really help?

She knew it would help keep her strength up, keep her position. But she actually doubted that she'd ever beat her. But she had to hope, or else she'd never get there. Never get even close to her goal. As long as she keeps pushing, she'll get there... eventually... hopefully. At the latter thought, she sighed, and resisted the urge to slap herself. Thoughts like that would get her no where...

She stood up, her bare feet hitting the cold, metal, floor. She popped her neck, and decided to wander around. She'd avoid the armory. She refused to get that armor back on. To much hastle at nearly twelve in the morning. She decided to go for a bottle of water, maybe it would... help her to sleep? She sighed, realizing that it was a ridiculous thought, it didn't make any sense. She sighed, and walked out of her room, pat, pat, pat sounded as she treaded across the floors, and into the cafeteria. She didn't even bother to find slippers or some kind of shoe. Not like she really needed to.