A Little Change

~Alaska's POV (written by him)~

"Ugh I hate that noise every morning, beep-beep-beep." As I finally turned the alarm off, I looked at how beaten and scratched the alarm clock looked after how hard I hit the snooze button each morning. I break several a year and I end up unplugging Iowa's and taking it.

When I had finally gotten up and dressed I realized if was already 9:00 "Well I'm not doing much today, who's gonna say I can't sleep a little late." I said to myself with a yawn.  Kappa appeard in front of me. "Actually, Alaska, I think your sleeping habits have become unhealthy" Kappa said. "Your annoyance is becoming unhealthy," I replied. "So what's our schedule today Kappa?" I asked the A.I. "Well, Al, not much. Strength training, running. Exercise in general." 

I decided to wear some sweatpants a muscle shirt and hoodie. "Let's go to the cafeteria I need something to eat, and maybe check if Mich is awake," I told Kappa. As I walked through the doors it seemed like something seemed...off, but not in a bad way. When I reached the counter the workers seemed more... joyful? He handed me my two bottles of water and an orange. I turned around to see Michigan walking towards me. "Hey Al, morning!" He called, still walking towards me. "Morning Mich, hey have you seen anyone else yet?" I asked. "Yeah, Iowa and Neva were called earlier to the armory." He responded, motioning lazily in the direction of the armory. "Okay. Well I'm gonna go work out.  See you later," I said, walking away. "Later Alaska." Michigan called from behind me. 

When I walked into the weight room, I felt more energized and alert. The room is state of the art, with video tutorials and heart rate monitors. It's a health nut's heaven. When I had gotten finished, I walked out it was about one in the afternoon.  "Well that wasn't as long as I hoped it had been... Maybe I could go work around in the hangar," Just as I had thought about going to the hangar, I tripped over a hard lump. As I turned to look around all I could think was... 'crap'. "Hey Alaska!!". Her foot just had to be pink. I got up and looked at Colorado "Umm hey..." I said, almost dumfounded that I was looking at the most flamboyant person I knew. "After six and a half years that's the best you can come up with?" She asked, sounding as angry as she could, but still not sounding serious at all.  "Well I didn't know when you would get here. It's not like I get the daily memo" I replied. 

If this keeps up, then we will argue just as bad as we used too. Arguing is fun at times but it just gets too much of a strain and I start to hate it. Before she left,  C-O and I couldn't even talk to each other without arguing about some useless thing. As I was thinking to myself, I looked to see Montana behind her. "Hey. I'm surprised to see you after what happened." I said, remembering the extent of her injury. "Hey, just because I got injured doesn't mean I can't try to be with you guys." She said with a smile. "Okay, well,  I'm going to the hangar. Have you seen the other two yet?" I asked.  "No, we were headed to the training room to check. See you later, Al" C-O said. "Later!" I replied, walking away.

As I walked in the hangar, I looked around to check if anyone needed help. Sure enough, some marines were moving a large container to the wrong hangar bay. "Hey shouldn't you actually read what your pushing." As some of the marines look dumbfounded, one of the workers read the label and ordered the others to start moving it the right way. I had gotten bored and walked to the training room where Colorado and Montana had gone to.

I saw Iowa and Nevada walking up to the observatory room stairs to where I was standing." Hey Al..." Nevada trailed off when she noticed I was flipping them both off. Before I had said something sarcastic, Nevada just seemed to disappear, and, when I turned around, there she was. I punched her in the shoulder. "Ow! What the hell Al?" She asked, but I could hear her trying to suppress her laughter as she rubbed her shoulder.  "Well, sorry Neva. It's not every day you flip someone off and they teleport." I said with a smile. "Okay, well, let's explain what happened before someone gets hurt," Iowa interrupted. "Ok fine," I said grasping my hand. I'm a tough guy but it hurts to punch Spartan armor bare-handed. "You know if you weren't so lazy you could get armored and your hand wouldn't hurt." Nevada said, crossing her arms over her chest. "Fine but you have to dress me. Bow chicka-" I was cut off by Iowa. "SHUT UP AL!!" Iowa yelled, me and Neva both laughed. I did till my stomach hurt. "Well did you know who caught up to you?" Iowa said with a smile. "If by caught up you mean brutally tackled then yes." I said.