One More Drink

My dorm's door opened when we approached, letting the whole team -all six of us- file into the room, immediately taking any all seats availiable. The door closed immediately closed as I stepping in, sealing us in, for now. I took one of the old chairs in the corner, and pulled it up to the table, where we all tried to sit up.

I cast a glance around, looking at each member of the team. Most of them were sitting mostly peacefully in their seats that they had pulled up. Most of them. CO and Alaska were struggling over the same chair, trying to push the other out, and onto the ground. Despite being much smaller than Alaska, CO was doing rather well, basically on par with him. I watched the 'arguement' with an amused smile on my face.

The moment I looked away, towards the others who weren't fighting over a chair, about to start talking to them, when I heard a loud thump, followed by CO's victory cheer. I sighed, shaking my head. I heard someone stand up, pushing their chair away from the small table. The, I heard another thump.

I slowly opened my eyes, immediately looking over towards Alaska and CO, who were both on the floor, with Iowa standing behind them, holding the chair, looking down at the two. CO glared up at her, craning her neck to look her in the eye. I noticed her dogtags were twisted around her neck the wrong way, in the back, instead of the other way around.

I heard Alaska snicker, and CO sharply turned toward him, slugging him on the arm.

I sighed, running a finger over my brow, looking at the two on the floor. "Can we get down to business, you two?" I questioned, sighing. Both of them looked over at me, then at each other, then back at me, each movement syncronized (I spelled this wrong, again, didn't I?). I just arched a brow, waiting for them to say something.

"He started it!"

"She started it!"

The moment the words left their mouth, they turned quick to face each other, "Don't fucking do that!" They both cried. I sighed, resting my head on my fist, looking down at the table.

"You two. We are not in grade school, anymore. Can we please get down to business, at least for a little while?" Montana chimed in, looking at the two Freelancers on the floor as she crossed her arms over her chest. I saw Alaska smile out of the corner of my eye, making me think he had something else planned to do before this 'meeting' was over.

"Okay, okay," CO finally said, raising her hands in surrender... for now, knowing her -and Alaska. She pushed herself off the ground, followed shortly by Alaska. I nodded towards Iowa, giving her the okay to set the chair down. I stood up, walking over to the corner to grab the final chair for CO. I set it down, away from Alaska... Just in case they decided to fight. Again.

I opened my mouth to speak, but several knocks at the door interupted my, making my eyebrow twitch. "What. The fuck. Do you. Want?!"

"Hey, hey. Just me, here to drop off a little gift of sorts," I heard York say from the other side, his voice partially muffled. I sighed, mentally telling Zeta to open the door. I heard it click, signalling that it was unlocked, and the door opened, revealing York, with Wash standing a few feet to the side of him, leaning against the wall.

They looked between the six of us in the room, and the numerous chairs around the small table. "What's goin' on in here? Did I miss a memo or something?" York asked, Wash nodding, agreeing with his statement. I shook my head, standing up.

"Just a team meeting. We have to discuss something. What is it, York, Wash?" I asked, glancing between the two, casting a glance over my shoulder when I heard the faint slap, signalling that a certain someone hit someone else. CO just smiled at me, her hands in her lap, acting like a 'good little child'. I rolled my eyes, turning back to York.