Encrypted Message

Iowa looked at Michigan's face, then back down at his injured arm. They had been on the Mother Of Invention for a few hours, but most of that time had been spent in the showers, trying to get the smokey smell out of their hair and skin. Nevada, unfortunately, had to scrub blood off her face and hair. A lot of the Agents returned with a few scratches, many bruises, and a few burns. Michigan had the worst injury.

"Seriously, how did you manage this?" Iowa asked, disinfecting the wound. Michigan winced when the wipe hit his skin. "I honestly don't know. It went through my cover, and hit me," He responded. "What?! Were you sitting behind wood?! I don't think that would have gone through anything else," Iowa sighed, stitching up the wound. "What about plastic?" Michigan said with a laugh, distracting himself from the pain in his arm. Iowa stopped, then glared at him. "You... took... cover... BEHIND PLASTIC?!" She yelled, nearly kicking him.

"No! No! Well, I don't think so!" Michigan said. "How would you not know? I mean seriously, there's a clear difference between plastic and metal. I thought you were the smart one," Iowa said, finishing what she was doing. "Sorry! High stress, you know," He argued, but then was silenced by a glare from Iowa. "Shush. I don't want to hear it," She said with a straightface, barely concealing the laughter that was about to bubble to the surface.

"Iowa! Be nice over there!" Alaska yelled from the door way, leaning against the frame.  "No!" She yelled back, arguing. She heard Alaska sigh. "You know, I'm not going to argue with you. It just makes you argue even more. So.. I'm going to simply say one thing. We need you two in the planning room. I'll brief you on the way. Iowa nodded.

Michigan rolled his sleeve down, mostly covering the wound. He jumped off the bed. Iowa sharply turned toward him. "If the stitches break open, you come directly to me. No ifs, and, or buts about it, got it, monsieur?" She paused, as if threatening. "Are you French now?" Michigan asked, looking at her. "Apparently. And German. Bewegen, oder ich werde dich töten," He didn't respond, then turned back to Alaska and started walking. "What the hell did she say?" Alaska asked as he approached him. Michigan shook his head.

"No idea. But it did sound threatening," He paused, looking back at Iowa, who was silently laughing to herself.

Alaska chuckled, then froze. "Omicron, Kappa, what does that German phrase that Iowa said mean?" Alaska asked, walking down the hall. Omicron was the first to appear. He didn't say anything for a moment, then logged off. "What the... Omicron! Log on," Michigan ordered. Omicron appeared on his shoulder. "Is something wrong, Michigan?" He asked, as if nothing happened. "You... never mind. Do you remember the phrase that Iowa said to me?" He asked, looking at his A.I. curiously.

He froze, then replied with a recording of Iowa's voice. "Bewegen, oder ich werde dich töten," Michigan nodded. "It translates to: 'Move, or I'll kill you,'" Omicron said. Michigan and Alaska sighed simultaniously. "Just like her to say that in German, huh?" Michigan asked. Iowa strode up next to them. "You said you'd brief us?" She asked, regaining her normal attitude. "Yeah. I guess I did," Alaska said. Iowa and Michigan looked at him expectantly.

"Well, after I got out of the shower, the Director called me and Nevada into his office to discuss something that happened as an effect of the mission we just returned from," He paused, looking straight ahead at the hallway that was dimly lit due to it being such a late night. "Well, every Insurrectionist base was alerted the moment the explosives when off, actually the moment Nevada gave the word," He paused.

"Well, we just received a message from an unfamiliar face, telling us that he knew who we are, and what we did for a living as Freelancers. And that we should watch our backs. The message cut out then, revealing a string of data fragments that repeats itself," Alaska finished. Without a seconds delay, Iowa's head shot up. "Do not tell me that they are suspicious about Nevada," She growled. "No, no. Nothing like that. They don't even remotely think Nevada, or you -for that matter- are to blame. We were talking for awhile, and came to two conclusions," He stopped.