Debriefing

The Director eyed the four best Freelancers curiously. He was watching then from a security camera, wondering if they would be okay with being sent on a mission so soon. Of course they were, especially Iowa and Nevada, the infiltrators. Alaska and Michigan were fine with not going, but always enjoyed the good fights. None of them were in their armor, they were just wandering the halls aimlessly, chatting amomgst themselves. He couldn't help but notice that some of the workers and other Freelancers completely avoided them.

Agent Texas hasn't confronted Iowa or Nevada since the day of introductions. Neither has Carolina. York and North are on good terms with them, and the others, quite frankly, don't give a damn about them. At least no one's coming to him asking how he managed to get them into the Project. Especially soldiers like them.

On normal circumstances, he wouldn't be able to.

Alaska and Michigan are extraordinary soldiers, serving on multiple fronts, countless battles. Alaska found his calling as a fighter pilot, and Michigan decided to be work more in the technology department, now able to hack into Tier One technology, the highest proven form of technology. Alaska saved countless lives with his pilotting and fighting. His record states that he's managed to take down an Insurrectionist frigate. Alone. Quite a feat, indeed.

Iowa and Nevada are... different.

Before getting assigned to a section, they were taken off the roster, and disappeared. ONI officials refused to disclose the reason behind this. But, when they returned,they returned... different. The other marines assumed they had special training, and those guesses were correct. They were trained by UNSC's top training expert.

But that's not what made them different. It's the fact that they, plus three other marines who were trained with them, were listed killed after an immense battle. After several years of being listed as killed, ONI changed that status to active, but, by that time, many people already knew about them. They had been serving in various UNSC sections, and their 'mentor' had disappeared, along with two other marines, Jonathan and Joshua. For awhile, Nevada, Iowa, and Oregon were all suspected of murder, but were aquitted of the crime.

After about a year, they went their seperate ways, but never lost touch with one another. That's until a homicide was blamed on Nevada, even though it was clear it was a suicide. She was thrown into a maximum security prison for three years before the Director managed to strike a deal with ONI officials. Her freedom, but she must stick with Project Freelancer. That wasn't a problem. The Project already had her partners and two fellow marines that all of them had already befriended before the Project. The Project now had four highly trained marines/ODSTs.

And a very dangerous enemy.

~,~,~

Nevada and Iowa smacked right into each other, knocking each other off balance and sending them spiralling to the floor. "Well. hello," Nevada said, trying desperately to control her fit of laughter that was trying to surface. Iowa laughed out loud, a hysterical sound that made Nevada laugh. It made many heads turn toward them curiously, wondering what the hell happened. It wasn't everyday that you saw two lethal Freelancers sprawled out on the floor after running into each other and going through a hilarious laughing attack.

Alaska had the bright idea to walk near them, and Iowa grabbed his ankle, dragging him down to where he fell on the floor joining the two idiots. Michigan kept well away from, not wanting to get dragged down by them. They were insane. That's how everyone discribes them. Insane.

Their fit ended, leaving with tears of laughter brimming in their eyes. All of them leaned against the wall, smiling like lunatics. "Okay, okay-" Iowa was cut off by an annoucement, which called for the four Spartans to go to the Director's office. "Rude announcement," Iowa muttered under her breath. Nevada smiled, and jumped to her feet. She held a hand out to Iowa, but, instead of taking it, she stood on her own. Nevada held a hand to Alaska, who took it. She helped him up, and met with Michigan.