Mission or Vacation?

"Good afternoon, Agents," The Engineer said, entering the room. The six of them -Iowa, Nevada, Alaska, Michigan, CO, and Montana- had been moved into single room, as if that would make the whole thing better. He just received cold glares, and no replies. He cleared his throat awkwardly, looking at the Agents. Why was he chosen for this? He played no part in... this recent event.

"I'm sorry, but it was necessary-" He was cut off by a sharp glare from each of the team members. Each, and everyone of them, shot him a glare. He looked at them, wondering what to do if they suddenly got violent... He didn't have any sort of weapon... and there was six of them. Six highly trained Freelancers against a single engineer.

No, that certainly wouldn't end well for him.

"Necessary my ass," Iowa retorted, crossing her arms, looking at him. Nevada continued to be silent, which worried him quite a lot. If she's silent for long periods of time... that probably means she's plotting to kill someone... Not a good thing in this situation.

The Engineer cleared his throat once again, biting his lower lip, trying to find the right words that would prevent his sudden and violent death at the hands of the Freelancer team. He shuddered as he pictured how brutal it would be.

"You're here for a reason. That damn man that barged into our rooms didn't want to come, for a good reason. They sent you, because we're on better terms. So spit it out before you leave here with a missing finger," CO threatened. The Engineer gulped, looking down at his hand, as if it was already missing. CO... threatening someone like that... He shuddered.

That's certainly a sign that he wasn't going to last long if one thing happened to go wrong.

"Anyways, the Director would like to see you all..." He trailed off as Nevada suddenly stood to her feet from her seat on the floor. With each step she took forward, his heart was beating faster, and faster. She stood directly in front of him, just inches a part.

There was no emotion in her eyes... That, or she was just concealing it like usual. She's very, very, good at that.

"The Director wants to see us? He wants to see us, after he steals our AI with out telling us. He drugged Iowa and myself, and knocked out the others. In the middle of the night. Do you really think we want to see him?" She asked, putting a finger to his chest for emphasis. He looked at her. Despite being the shortest of the group, she has this... menacing personality. The Engineer shuddered, looking down at her.

"He... he said that he would be sending you on a mission..." He trailed off as Nevada stepped back, crossing her arms. Iowa stepped up, and stood beside her, followed by the others.

"We're listening," Alaska said, looking at him. He and Michigan were the level heads of the group. That's for sure.

"I... don't know what the mission is about. Really. I wasn't told anything. I was just told to come get you... six," He said, looking down. This is not nerve racking at all.... He thought sarcastically to himself, biting his lip once again. He looked back up at the team, noticing that Nevada and Iowa were missing.

He turned on his heel, seeing the two of them blocking the door. "You're lying," Iowa said, a smirk on her face. Nevada just smiled, making him worry even more.

"No, no, no. I don't know anything about the mission... besides the fact that you'll be going without your AI... and without your armor," He finished looking at all of them.

"One question before we go meet with the dear Director," Nevada paused, making him turn towards her. "Why did he take our AI?" She asked, dead serious.

"They seemed to be malfunctioning. I'm sure it's nothing... but we have to be sure. If it's something potentially dangerous, we can't let anything happen. It could compromise the Project for days, weeks, months... even years. That means you and your team would be stuck on this ship that entire time. Would you like that, Nevada?" As he finished, Nevada just nodded.