Introductions Are In Order

~One day later~

The Director told each of them eariler in the morning to get introduced, show the Freelancers what they were made of, not using those exact words of course. He wanted to see how well Tex stood against them, see where she's placed. How well she does. This is bound to be interesting. He wondered if they would notice the simularities between them....

Hmm.... Let's see hows this goes...

~,~,~

~Nevada's POV~

I stood on the oposite side of the floor, away from the door, and facing ... I think her name is Tex? I'm not sure. She wore the standard issue armor, all black. If I remember correctly, she currently holds the number one spot. But, really, I'm not entirely sure. Earlier, I caught a quick glance at the board, just before I came in here. I wonder if we'll be taking spots on the board again... If so, I hope no one had an anger issue with their placement. Like Montana did all those years ago.

I bounced on the toes of my feet, waiting for FILSS to start the match. I was anxious. I wanted to fight. Get my muscles working again. Almost like she read my thoughts, FILSS started the match. "Match start, Hand-to-hand-combat. You may begin," She announced. I took a few steps into the arena, waiting for Tex to make a move.

She ran at me. She was fast, but I knew I was faster. I grabbed her fist, and kicked her away. She skidded away, but kept on her feet.

I side stepped to avoid her next attack, grabbed the back of her armor, and slammed her against the ground. She tried to kick up at me, but I just stepped away. She jumped to her feet. She swung at me several times in a row. I kept blocking with my forearms, until I found an opening. I kneed her once in the gut, disorienting her, then grabbed her helmet, and slammed her head against my knee. I kicked her off to the side.

She was stubborn, I'd give her that. She got back to her feet. She started to circle me like a predator does with it's prey.

I didn't keep my fists up, I just kept them down at my side. I wondered if she was glaring at me beneath that helmet. I also wondered why her fighting style was so much like my own, but slower. I turned to watch her. She ran at me. I was prepared for the charge, and rolled to meet her. I kicked upwards, my feet connecting with her chest. She went flying. I jumped to my feet and punched at her. My fist connected with her visor. She fell to the floor.

I was actually getting into this fight. Tex was a lot faster than the other Agents in my time, and I enjoyed a little challenge every now and then.

I refused to use Zeta, or my armor ability. I didn't know if she had an A.I. or not, or an armor ability for that matter. It would be unfair. Bt it's also unfair to be putting someone against a highly trained ODST with advanced training by a mentor that the UNSC praised for his skills.

Yeah, this was unfair from the beginning.

I couldn't let my mind dwell on this subject. It would distract me from the fight. If you can even call this a true fight.

Tex was back on her eet. I noticed that FILSS awarded me a point. Apparently we just keep going until they end the match. Ohh, this is going to be fun. I wanted to look up toward the observation room, to see if Iowa was there. We'd be facing the same opponent, but she'd be going later today. Alaska and Michigan would be going... two days from now, I think.

She ran at me, again. Instead of side-stepping away from her, I jumed over her. She adjusted quickly, and sharply turned, and kicked. I backed off, before tackling her to the ground, and socked her across her face. Before she could counter, I leapt off, and rolled to my feet. I could easily see that she was adapting slowly to my style. Not that she really needed to adapt. It was close enough.