Mind Monopoly~ Chapter 73

(A/N: PEEP THE NEW BOOK COVER! I am so happy with it! I spent over a week working on it. I hope you like it!)

Just as Y/n thought the situation couldn't get any more intense, the notorious god of thunder slid into the room, almost as smooth as a fuck boy sliding into your DMs. Thor dramatically leapt onto the cradle, and brought his sparkling hammer down, sending a powerful bolt of lightning through it. The room is silent for barely a second before the cradle bursts open, and the norse god is launched in the air as though he were a rag doll. The team watches as a red figure gracefully leaps out of the cradle.

"Well... frankenstein looks a little different here." Y/n murmurs, drawing the attention of the red tornado wannabe. Its glare does not linger on the female feline for too long as it quickly looks to the blonde god, and launches itself at Thor, who throws it out the window. Right before coming in contact with the glass, Elmo catches itself and stays still in mid-air.

Cautiously, the team and the twins move closer to where Thor, Steve, and the red man were. It turns and flies back towards where Thor was standing and finally spoke.
"I'm sorry, that was... odd." It turns to the god. "Thank you."

"Thor, you helped create this?" Steve interrogated, just as the red being creates a gold cape for itself.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope and life and at its center is" Thor points to the gem imbedding in the center of the Elmo's forehead.

"What, the gem?" Bruce asks.

"It's the mind stone. It's one of the six infinity stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

"I don't know about that, I've never seen it destroy someone's hope for humanity as quickly as I can every time I play monopoly. Seeing the life drain from the eyes that once saw me as an ally brings me such joy and makes me feel... complete." The room is silent after Y/n ends her sentence. She looks up to see everyone staring at her.

"Is it just me or is she scarier than Ultron?" She heard Pietro mutter to his twin. Steve shakes his head and returns everyone's attention back to the original conversation.
"Then why would you bring it to..."

"Because Stark is right." Thor cuts in.

"Oh, it's definitely the end times." Bruce sighed.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron!" Thor insisted, to which the red man emphasizes that it cannot be done alone. Tony and Steve slowly approach the red man, who also takes a few steps forward. Silently, Y/n also approaches, ignoring the conversation taking place before her.

Before the mystery being had noticed her, her physical appearance evaporated from sight, allowing her to stand before the man without detection. She reached her invisible hand towards him, intending to touch his shoulder so as to get a sense for what he was. However, before her fingertips could graze his shoulder, his eyes darted towards her, staring into her soul as he took a hold of her wrist. As soon as he had touched her, she became visible once again, taking everyone by surprise by her sudden appearance.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron?" he had asked the group as a whole, however his gaze was trained upon Y/n, as though the question were directed at her.

"You're not?" Steve questioned.

"No," Y/n whispered. "Ultron is no father. He is just a mind of ideas. He envisioned this," she gestured towards the red man, "And thus he retrieved what was necessary to make his perfect weapon. If he were a father, he would have given life to him, raised him, and trained his behavior. But he merely began the creation, but was cut short in the building. Thus why this being stands before us and does not speak as Ultron, but as JARVIS, whom Ultron disliked. Why would Ultron create another Jarvis if he had wished him dead?"

"I'm not Ultron. I'm not JARVIS. I am... I am." He spoke, turning away from Y/n to face the team.

"I looked in your head and saw annihilation." Wanda challenged. Only for his retort to tell her to look again.

"Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me." Clint sneered.

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..." Thor defended as he nodded to the man, signifying his trust in him.

"Is it?" Steve turned to the man. "Are you? On our side?"

"I don't think it's that simple."

"Well it better get real simple real soon." Clint spoke seriously.

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all."

Tony spoke up, "What's he waiting for?" To which the red man responded,

"You."