I'm Not Dead Yet!~ Chapter 57

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain." She sighs, then looks at Sam. "Who's this guy?" Maria begins to remove our cuffs, which were restricting my magic. A few seconds later, the car we were in slowed to a stop.

"Everyone, get in a group hug." I say suddenly.

"What?!" Sam exclaims, confused.

"Just do it!" The second everyone was huddled together, I teleported us all out of the van and to where Maria had said she wanted us to hideout. The second we appeared, Sam almost fell over, shocked about the sudden teleportation, which he had never endured.

We find ourselves at a secret facility. We follow behind Maria who is dressed in camouflage pants and a black t-shirt. She pulls open a squeaky gate, which the sound just makes me cringe.

"GSW. She's lost at least a pint." Maria calls out to a doctor, referring to Natasha's wound.

"Maybe two." Sam adds.

"Okay! I get it! I didn't do very well in healing her. Don't come at me!" I exclaimed.

"Let me take her." The doctor says.

"She'll want to see him first." Maria interrupts, and begins to take us down a hallway. I smile as I realize where she is taking us. We find Fury alive and laying in bed. I wave at him enthusiastically.

Fury speaks up, "About damn time."

~Time Skip~

"Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver, one hell of a headache." Nick lists his injuries.

"Don't forget your collapsed lung." The doctor responds as he treats Nat's wound.

"Oh, let's not forget that. Otherwise, I'm good." I move to heal at least one of Nick's wounds but he holds up his hand and weakly closes my hand into a fist, telling me to save my energy.

Nat talks, slightly hurt, both physically and mentally. Hehe. Ba dum tss.
They cut you open, your heart stopped."

"Tetrodotoxin B. Slows the pulse to one beat a minute. Banner developed it for stress. Didn't work so great for him, but we found a use for it."

"Why all the secrecy? Why not just tell us?" Steve asks.

"Any attempt on the director's life had to look successful." Hill answers for Fury.

"Can't kill you if you're already dead. Besides, I wasn't sure who to trust."

"Heh, yeah tell me about it. Growing up in a land where the most 'trustworthy' people can't tell the truth without giggling and making the situation much more difficult than it needs to be." I agree.

~Time Skip~

As we run across the platform, Sam yells out a very valid question. "Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?"

"You use your cat intuition and let them attempt to pet you, but if they don't let you sniff their hand before they pet you, they are evil!!" I yell out making Sam give me a weird look. "What? It's valid reasoning." He proceeded to re-ask the question.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Steve answers. Sam, in his Falcon suit, flies off and Steve drops down to a lower platform, rolling over his shield. HYDRA agents starting shooting at them. Sam flies around avoiding getting shot while I knock out two hydra agents and steal their guns that I can use to defend myself.

"Hey, Cap, I found those bad guys you were talking about." Sam reported over the intercom making me chuckle.

"You okay?"

"I'm not dead yet." Sam responds and a large smile spreads across my mouth.

"I'm nOt dEaD YEt" I scream into the intercom, making the two boys wince at the volume. "Sending love to Monty Python." I add, which only adds to Steve's confusion. We continue disarming HYDRA agents and make our way to where we needed to go.