No Flamingo Croquet For You~ Chapter 59

"Go." He suddenly says, taking me off guard.

"What?"

"Go. Help Sam. I've got this."

"What-"

"GO!" I panicked and teleported away. The second I find myself in front of Sam, I immediately killed the two men attempting to take his life. Not on my watch assholes. When I found that our part was finished, I teleported to Maria Hill.

"Firing in, three, two, one." The Charlie Tech tells Steve over the intercom.

"Charlie locked." Steve responded, but I didn't understand what anyone was talking about. Who the hell is Charlie?

"Where are the targets? Where are the targets?" Some guy working with Charlie asked.

"Okay Cap, get out of there." Maria Hill told him. I took it that where we were was safe, and, to my understanding, Steve was still on the Helicarrier.

"Fire now." Steve responded after a moment's hesitation.

"But, Steve..." Maria hesitates, shocked.

"Do it! Do it now!" He yelled. Reluctantly Hill makes the Helicarriers open fire on each other, with Steve still inside the Helicarrier. My eyes widen. No no no no no. This can't be happening. My attention was pulled away by Natasha begging I find Sam again because she can't find him with the helicopter. In a matter of seconds I had teleported to Sam then back to the Triskelion with him.

I look out the window and watch as the Helicarrier falls to the earth. My heart stops.

~Time Skip~

I sit on a pew like thing inside a courtroom as Natasha is sworn to tell the truth during the trial.

"Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth?" The bailiff asks.

"I do." Natasha responds as though she was reciting her wedding vows. This made me giggle, which earned myself a few odds looks and glares. The judge was not very happy with me. Meh. Poopy head.

"Why haven't we yet heard from Captain Rogers?" The general committee asked.

"I don't know what there is left left for him to say. I think the wreck in the middle of the Potomac made his point fairly eloquently." Natasha responded, and I unconsciously nodded.

"Well, he could explain how this country's expected to maintain its national security now that he and you have laid waste to our intelligence apparatus." The Committee General added.

"HYDRA was selling you lies, not intelligence." Was the retort Natasha gave.

"Many of which you seem to have had a personal hand in telling." The Committee general sassed.

"Agent, you should know that there are some on this committee who feel, given your service record, both for this country and against it, that you belong in a penitentiary, not mouthing off on Capitol Hill." Scudder, whoever that is, said.

You're not gonna put me in a prison. You're not gonna put any of us in a prison. You know why?" Nat did her own sass, making me smirk.

"Do enlighten us." Scudder responded.

"Because you need us. Yes, the world is a vulnerable place, and yes, we helped make it that way. But we're also the ones best qualified to defend it. So if you want to arrest me, arrest me. You'll know where to find me." Natasha responded before she exited the courtroom, me following right behind her, even though I wasn't on trial.

~Somewhere~

"It's over. Fury has released everything to the public." List said to Baron Wolfgang von Strucker, the man of the hour.

"Everything he knows about."

"Herr Strucker, if they get word of our work here, if they find out we serve HYDRA..." List was not very happy.

"HYDRA, SHIELD, two sides of a coin that's no longer currency." Strucker and List walk over to the corner of the lab where Loki's scepter is being kept. "What we have is worth more than any of them ever knew. We've only scratched the surface and already..." They start walking out of the lab. "There are other facilities doing HYDRA's good work around the world. We'll feed them to Captain America and his colorful friends. Keep them off our scent."

"The dead will be buried so deep their own ghosts won't be able to find them."

"And the survivors?"

Baron Wolfgang von Strucker immediately responded, "The twins. Sooner or later they will meet the twins. It's not a world of spies anymore, not even a world of heroes. This is the age of miracles, doctor. There's nothing more horrifying than a miracle."

~Somewhere else~

"What the fuck?!" Tony screamed, catching everyone's attention. He had lost to y/n for the 24th time in a row at chess. Y/n let out a seemingly evil cackle. "How the fuck are you so good at chess?!" He exclaimed, making her smirk.

"I've spent millenia with only a few games that I could play that wouldn't put me in jail, my good sir. And frankly, I am not a very big fan of flamingo and hedgehog croquet. Too much yells of pain from the flamingos." He stares at her with a look of pure confusion.

"WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!" This only made her cackle even more.