Ultron~ Chapter 64

I sit back on a couch in the middle of the party, staying still but letting my eyes sweep the room for any sign of friend or foe. I find Steve and Sam leaning on a railing, watching the party, and Thor, Tony, Rhodney, and Maria having their own conversation. My attention is drawn away from the party goers and to a man standing before me. I scan his features, finding him unfamiliar to my memory.

"Hi." He says smoothly as he slides into the seat next to me, sitting a little to close for comfort. Excuse me, does he not know that you do not approach the cat? The cat approaches you. Jeez man, read the cat hand book every once in a while.

"Hi." I reply back.

"I couldn't help but notice you sitting here all alone. And I just couldn't let such a pretty girl drown in boredom at this party." He flirts as he goes to hand me a shot of tequila. I glance down at the alcoholic beverage, the smell already too much for my poor, innocent little kitty nose.

"Thank you, but I don't drink." I kindly decline, but the man was quite stubborn.

"Come on, sweetie, it's a party, have fun." He continued to push the shot towards me.

"I prefer tea parties." My response did nothing to the man's persistence. "Wanna have a tea party?"

"Uh what?" He leans away, caught off guard.

"I'll take that as a yes!" I exclaim as I snap my fingers, making the tequila shots turn into tea cups. The man yelps in surprise when the couch is replace with a chair floating in the air. I stand on the ground and wave at him as the chair continues to fly in the air, the man scared to his wits end. When I catch sight of Tony glaring my way, I begrudgingly snap my fingers again, making everything return to normal.

~Time skip~

"But, it's a trick!" Clint exclaims, implying that 'being worthy' has nothing to do with being able to lift Thor's hammer, causing the Norse God to scoff.

"Oh, no. It's much more than that."  Thor dismisses Clint's accusations, making a grin spread across my lips.

"Uh, 'Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power!' Whatever man! It's a trick." Clint laughed, not willing to believe Thor. I watch as the god welcomes the archer to attempt to lift the godly hammer.

"Oh this is gonna be beautiful." Rhodey laughs aloud.

"Clint, you've had a tough week, we won't hold it against you if you can't get it up." Tony says with humor in his voice. The group erupts in laughter as Clint rolls his eyes at the millionaire hero.

"You know I've seen this before, right?" Clint says confidently as he grips Thor's hammer, but fails to lift it away from the table it was resting on. "still don't know how you do it." Clint sighs as he steps away.

"Smell the silent judgment?" Tony teases.

"Please, Stark, by all means." Clint replies, challenging Stark to make an attempt. One after another, Tony, Rhodey, Bruce, and Steve all make their attempts, each failing to complete the task.

"Widow?" Bruce offers to Natasha, but she politely declines. Everyone's attention then jumped to me, catching me by surprise, but I grin nonetheless.

"Challenge accepted." I say mischievously as I stand up. I move to stand before the hammer, all the while facing the crowd awaiting my failure. I lean over and wrap my hand around the hammer's handle. Before I make my attempt, I speak up. "Imma make Asgard a kitty playground."

I tighten my grip on the hammer and attempt to pull the hammer away from the table. I feel slight resistance before there was leeway and the Hammer was held in my hand, separated from it's resting place on the coffee table, making the room gasp, and Thor's grin fall.

"Wow... didn't know it could do that." I say in disbelief. It is silent before I yell out, "JUST KIDDING!" Within seconds the hammer is on the table again, and I am sitting on the ground, with my hand in the pose of a snapping motion. I laugh at all their shocked faces.

"You really thought that I could lift the hammer? I'm hardly worthy enough to sit at the head of the Hatter's tea party table." I watch as Thor sighs in relief and every starts to laugh at the illusion I had just pulled.

"All deference to the man who wouldn't be king, but it's rigged." Tony complains.

"You bet your ass." Clint agrees.

"Steve, he said a bad language word." Maria calls out to Steve, making him groan in response.

"Did you tell everyone about that?" Steve asks Tony, but Tony made no response to the blonde.

"The handle's imprinted, right? Like a security code. 'Whosoever is carrying Thor's fingerprints' is, I think, the literal translation?" Stark asked Thor, which Thor found quite amusing.

"Yes, well that's, uh, that's a very, very interesting theory. I have a simpler one." Thor stands and lifts his hammer with ease, tossing it up and catching it again to show off. "You're all not worthy." We all groan in response. Our moment of joyousness is interrupted by a loud ring that reverberated in my ears.

"Worthy..." A deep voice growls, drawing our attention to a lanky figure standing in the shadows.

"No... How could you be worthy? You're all killers." The figure steps forward to reveal a broken machine in the form of a man.

    "Excuse me, but in the eyes of the law, it was self defense." I sass but am shushed by the team. 

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or...I was a-dream?" Wow... he's almost as fluent in riddles as I am.

"Reboot, Legionnaire OS, we got a buggy suit." Tony speaks aloud as he taps a device.

"There was a terrible noise...and I was tangled in... in...strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy." The machine continues his story. Woah... he killed? Hypocrite.

"You killed someone?" Steve asked.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices." It responded.

"Who sent you?" Thor questioned as his grip on his hammer tightened. The figure makes no response, but instead somehow plays a recording of Tony's voice.

"I see a suit of armor around the world"

"Ultron!" Bruce exclaims. Wow Bruce, I didn't know you wore makeup. B-T-W, it's Ulta, not Ultron. As inconspiculously as possible, I use my magic to change into black sweatpants, a teal work out shirt, laceless athletic shoes, and my hair pulled back into a pony tail. What? I need to stay on brand.

"In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this...chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on a mission." The machine responded, which, based on context clues, meant his name was Ultron. Hmmm.. Ultron should go shopping at Ulta, he's a little rough around the edges.

"What mission?" Natasha spoke up finally.
"Peace in our time." Ultron says dramatically, seconds before more bots crash into the room, attacking us all.