Filler Chap!▫️ Chapter 32

Captain America V.S The Metal Container of Death and Destruction

[[The following has nothing to do with the story and should not be taken seriously, for real tho, don't do it... don't... I know you wanna but don't. Ok? Ok. just don't.]]

Once upon a time, in a land of technological advancements, and a time of the avengers, the destiny of a great team rests on the shoulders of a young old man. His name... Steve.
((Merlin reference anyone ',:>)).

He defeated HYDRA, saved many a comrade, walloped hitler in the face, and almost got the girl, but alas he cannot win against the allusive, the impregnable, the all fearsome, toaster.

"How does it work? How! How! How!" Steve exclaimed abruptly as he shook the warm metal container before him. "Like I said capsicle," Tony began, "put the thing in the other thing and, pfft, then just wait 'til it goes POP!" he said making an explosion with his hands and laughing to himself.

"Oh thanks! That helps- not at all" Steve responded, while attempting to do as instructed. 'Ok,' he thought to himself 'put the thing, bread, in the other thing, metal container of death and destruction, and wait 'til it... pops?' Steve shrugged as Tony left to do some cool shiz, and placed the bread in the toaster, and began to concentrate as best he could on the metal object. "Three, two, one... POP!" he shouted, only to be met with an anticlimactic silence. "Hey, cap." Barton greeted, walking into the kitchen, "Nat. wants some of- whaaat are you doing?" Clint questioned, staring at Cap. as he sat there watching a- a toaster.

"I just wanted toast dagnabit"
"Well, if you haven't noticed, uhm" Clint began, choking back laughter, "the toaster, it's not plugged in". Steve reddened in embarrassment at the sudden realization, and quickly plugged it in and, once again, fixed his eyes on the toaster.

"PLeASe", he begged "I just want toast"
"Toast?, Toast, bread toast? it  rhymes with most, coast, oh oh and uhmm, ROAST! Or maybe toes? No, no that's not it. Haha! This is fun!"
"Oh, hey Y/N," Steve greeted "and uhm, where are you exactly?"
"In the vents", she answered blankly. Silence sprung as Steve gave the vents above him a
questioning look. "And, why are you in the vents?"

"Because!" Y/N began "ah- well actually, I haven't got the slightest clue why i'm in the vents" she replied while crawling out of the lower vents rather than the upper ones. "Something about, bunnies, and dust" Steve's eyes moved down towards Y/N, "were you down there the who- you know what, never mind" he finished going back to the toast. "Well", Y/N interrupted "what are you doing then"

"One word. Toast." Steve replied. "Onewordtoast? i've never heard of onewordtoast, is it good? If it's anything like jam toast, then it must be good! Unless its like water toast which would be awful, it is quite unsavory" Y/N shuddered at the memory. "No," Steve said "its jam toast, I mean toast toast, I mean- you know what I mean!"

"Do I?" Y/N teased, Steve just rolled his eyes before looking back at the toast. "Hey. im just teasing, here," she began before poofing up some purple and green toast "jam toast. on the house!" she said before poofing up a small, pink, cake house and placing the toast atop it "tada!"

she exclaimed, handing her masterpiece to Steve, "thanks but no thanks" Steve politely rejected "i'll stick to my normal toast, on a plate"
"Normal toast?!" Y/N exclaimed dropping the food on the floor as her hands flew up to her face cupping her cheeks. "You should have just said so. But, I thought you wanted extra crispy midnight toast" she said staring at Steve questioningly, "what? extra crispy midnight toast?

Whats- oh no, thats not perhaps... burnt toast is it?" Steve asked horror stricken "oh why yes it is, look!" Y/N pointed at the toaster, which had begun to smoke.

"NOOOO!!!" Steve cried, "My TOaSt" he began sobbing uncontrollably, as Y/N took his extra crispy  midnight toast, and began munching on it.