Distraction~ Chapter 41

(Btw, thanks for all the luck you guys had given me to make the volley ball team, and I actually made the team! Thanks all of you!)

After bidding temporary farewells to my Wonderlandian friends, I, while in cat form with the magical hat on my feline head, clapped my paws together, causing a portal to form. A large, grassy hole ripped open in the marble flooring of the White Castle's throne room. I smiled at all of my friends, before floating down through the rabbit hole. Instantly it closed and my floating powers ceased to work, causing me to fall down. I very calm as I sipped a cup of tea that the Hatter had given me.

Memories came back from when I first fell out of the portal and ended up in earth. I fell out of the portal and into the alleyway. To anyone passing by it would have looked like a wall had spit out a girl as if she were a bad taste in it's mouth, just like the first time. I shook myself to relieve of the nausea.

Taking a deep breath, I shifted into my human form, as to not scare the humans that I pass by. I mean, it isn't normal to see a huge gray and teal cat floating in mid air, down a street. I exit the alley, wearing my favorite outfit f/o. Some people glance at me, but immediately look away and continue on with their lives.

I stand in one spot, thinking over my options of where I could go. I decided that I should teleport to the Helicarrier, or wherever Fury is, but first, I had something else to do. I close my eyes, trying to remember the address of where I wanted to go. Once it reappeared in my memory again, I had made my trek there.

Within minutes I found myself in front of a small, familiar cat shop that was connected to many other stores in a strip mall. I smiled to myself, before I approached the door and entered. I felt an internal joy when the ring of the bell connected to the door rang in my ears.

There were only two other beings in the room with me. A woman, who seemed to be very infatuated with the kittens, and a handsome young man, who happened to where a worker's apron. I smiled and walked up behind the woman and looked down at the cage she was looking at. My eyes met with a small kitten's huge innocent eyes.

"Isn't the kitten adorable?" The woman cooed. I smiled and nodded, before speaking to her.

"Yes, though she does seem quite fascinated with your earrings. My thoughts is she wants to rip them out of your abnormally large ear piercings." I laugh at the woman's horrified expression. She scurried off to look at another cat.

The man from before cleared his throat, catching my attention. "Miss, I would appreciate it if you didn't scare our customers."

I ignored his statement as I approached him. He stood an inch or two above me, but that didn't stop me from attempting to size him up. I came very close to him and jabbed my pointer finger into his chest.

"Who are you?"

"Excuse me?!"

"Who are you? I don't remember hiring you here. I never agreed to allow men manage my store! They get far too distracted with the customers, especially with the woman's 'sexy shoulders' according the schools. And if they don't get distracted with the customers, then I surely would be distracted with them, and so would the cats. I mean, for the past five minutes, that bluish black female cat over there in the cage has been staring at you, causing her to ignore her kits, which is quite rude. SEE! LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE! YOU'VE CAUSED A MOTHER TO IGNORE HER KITS!" I yelled.

At first, a blush covered the boy's face, before he realized fully what I had been rambling about. He seemed very concerned and confused with me. I didn't remove myself from his personal space, and kept up with a fake angry expression, which sort of scared him. I could tell. I'm a cat and I can smell fear.

"Why are you scared of me?"

"What? I'm not!"

"You are! I can smell it..." I smile creepily.

"What the heck is going on out here?" Another voice asked.