Highway Showdown~Chapter 55

"So?" Sam asked, confused where I was going with this.

"So, the only way that Zola can get me in his line of fire is if he finds someone that he can press for my information. And majority of those people are in a total different dimension that he has no possible access to. I... I can't lose you guys!" I began to get worried.

"Y/n. Y/n, don't worry. We aren't going anywhere. We will just fight harder and stronger." Natasha asures me, making me smile.

~Time Skip~

"HYDRA doesn't like leaks." Sitwell murmurs as Sam drives us to Triskelion.

"So why don't you try sticking a cork in it." Sam sasses making me chuckle.

"Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here." Natasha told us, specifically Steve.

"I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly." Steve responded, shocking Sitwell.

"What?! Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea." He yells. All of a sudden, a loud thud resounds on top of the car. A dark man with a mask covering his face, and long hair reaches through the window, grabbing Sitwell, pulling him and into oncoming traffic. Sitwell was killed almost instantly.

The man then starts shooting at us causing Nat to jump to the front of the car, on top of Steve so as to not get shot by the man. Also sitting in the back, I immediately turn intangible to avoid getting shot. Steve pulls the brake handle, making the guy drop down onto the street but catches himself with what seems to be a metal arm. Another car smashes into our vehicle, pushing us closer to the man standing in the middle of the highway. Before we hit the man, he jumped up and flipped over our car, his feet smashing in the back window. The man punches a hole in the front window, reaches in and rips the steering wheel out of the car.

"Shit!" Sam screams. Natasha starts shooting at the guy but he jumps onto the vehicle behind them. As our car is being pulled off the road Steve holds on to the car door.

"Hang on!" Steve yells. He breaks open the door, holding onto Natasha and Sam. They slide on the car door through the streets as I float behind them. The emo looking guy is joined by HYDRA agents and they start shooting at us. We scatter and run off in different directions. Some huge torpedo looking thing was shot at Steve, who blocked it with his shield, but was thrown off the highway, and onto a lower highway ramp. Mr. emo chased stalked forward with his rookies shooting in our direction. Natasha and Sam hid behind some cars. I turned invisible and intangible and crouched down by same. Sam ran again, and so did Natasha, but she ended up being forced off that street, and having to land on a different, lower street. Natasha kept running under the bridge, but I turned visible in front of her before she ran out from under the bridge. I pointed to the shadow of emo guy holding gun. She nodded as I turned invisble again, and took out two guns and stood in a line to be able to shoot the guy. I managed to get a shot to his goggles, giving Natasha enough time to run and hide behind a truck.

"Она у меня. Найди его." Emo said, but I had no idea what he, partially because it was in a different language. He jumped down and landed on a car, breaking the window. He started stomping forward, his back to me as I still stood under the bridge. I attemped running at him and attacking him, but I only got kick to the nape of his neck before he spun around, grabbed my ankle and threw me several feet away. He jumped off the car and started towards me, making me eyes go wide.

"NO ME GUSTA TU!" I screamed before going invisble. He faltered for a second, shocked at what I did, but continued forward to where he thought I was. I immediately teleported behind him, and when he found I was nowhere near the spot he thought I was he gave up and continued his trek after Natasha.

"Go, I got this!" I heard same yell to Steve. I paid no attention as I booked it towards a middle school school bus. I ran towards the teachers, and began helping the young kids get off the bus and to a safe building. After I had already helped three kids get off safely, I felt a powerful force blow past me. I snap to look in that direction and saw two HYDRA agents pointing guns at my direction.

"SHIT!" I screamed, forgetting I was around a bunch of children. As fast as I possibly could, I teleport closer to the enemies. "TAKE THE KIDS!" I yell to the teachers who begin doing as I said. "Let's take a nap now kiddies." I murmur as I teleport behind the two perpetrators, reaching around and slitting their throats with my claws. "Good night."

I see two more attackers, and then remember my guns as I draw them and shoot the guys. "That was easy!" I mimicked the voice of that comedial button. I then hear a large explosion, spinning around, I see Natasha attacking Mr. Emo. He flips her off of him and attempts to shoot her but she throws some type of taser thingy. He rips it off of him, and I watch as he shoots Natasha in the shoulder.

"Shit" I mumble as I teleport to her. I accidentally scare her when I magically appear next to her. I remove her hand from her shoulder and begin attempting to heal the wound, the teal aura surrounding my hands. Before I could finish healing her, Steve ran towards us just in time to stop Mr. Emo from shooting us. A fight breaks out between the two of them, and I try to focus on healing Nat until I hear a loud metallic sound. I turn and see Steve's shield embedded into a van while Steve, with bare fists, attempts to fight Mr. Emo, who held a knife. Mr. Emo begins choking Steve before throwing him over the top of the car, then jumping and attempting to punch him as though they were his a boxing match.

"THAT WAS AN ILLEGAL MOVE!" I yell as I get up, leaving Natasha partly healed. I grab Steve's shield, and whistle to the best of my ability. I catch his attention, and he pushes Mr. Emo off of him, giving me the chance to chuck the shield at him with as much strength as I possibly could. It hits the guy's metal shoulder, and then ricochets back and into Steve's grip who continues fighting with it. I watch as Steve continues to fight, then throws Mr. Emo off of him, removing Mr. Emo's mask in the process.

Steve looks to be in shock as he murmured "Bucky?"