Signal~ Chapter 34

~Previously~

"WHY DID WE LISTEN?! WE ARE IN THE SAME PLACE AND THE HARE IS GONE!" Tony exploded. His only response was the sounds of the Hares hysterical laughs from afar.

~Now~

~Third Person~

The group of heroes stomped down the hallway, seething with anger and frustration. All they wanted to do was return home, but these Wonderlandians were making it harder than it needed to be.

"I'm calling Y/n." Natasha said, clearly fed up with everything. She ripped her phone out of her pocket and dialed the desired number onto the phone. The sounds of when Natasha hit the numbers, echoed in all of their ears. They listened as the red head put it on speaker and the rings continued.

"Heyo! This is Y/n L/n! I see you've become curious and have decided to pull my puffy tail to make a call. Unfortunately, I am probably currently busy being mad or I am ignoring you, so please leave a message, and remember to stay mad!" The voice mail ended with the girl's loud and insane laughter.

Natasha huffed and ended the call. "Damn it." She cursed under her breath. Though, everyone froze when they heard light, and quick footsteps hitting the tiled floor. They were quiet, listening for anything that could seem important.

"Chess?! Hatter?!" A young, and feminine voice called out. A girl, that looked to be in her mid-twenties, rounded the corner and ran into the Avengers. The girl had long, curly blonde hair and wore a long, baby blue dress. She was pale but not unhealthily.

"Oh! I am so sorry!" The woman yelped as she came in contact with Thor. The Avengers looked down at her. The woman, who had a british accent, seemed as though she was a fighter, but she still seemed a bit innocent.

"I'm sorry, but I am looking for my friends. Have you seen them?" She asked them. They all shook their heads. Natasha then got an idea.

"We are friends of the Cheshire cat, but we are not from Wonderland. We would like to return home, but the cat is playing a prank on us and is leaving us to find our own ways to the throne room. Could you please help us?" The assassin asked the unknown woman, who giggled.

"That sounds like Y/n. Anyways, sure I'll help you. I am also from Earth, and by your accents, I am guessing you are from the United States?" She asked, and they all nodded, except Thor.

"And I am guessing you are from England, ma'am?" Steve asked politely, causing the woman to smile and nod in reply. The woman walked in front of them, leading them towards their desired destination. She then began speaking, trying to break the ice.

"Well, I am Alice. Alice Kingsleigh, what are your names?" Steve nudged the others. He mouthed out 'like-from-the-books.'

"Natasha."

"Steve."

"Tony." As he said this, he winked flirtatiously at her.

"Clint."

"Bruce."

"Thor." They finished introducing themselves, just as Alice stopped in the middle of the room.

"This is the throne room!" She exclaimed. The Avengers looked around the room, remembering being in it when they first entered Wonderland. As they stared at the fancy room, a guard approached them all.

"Ah! Ms. Kingsleigh, nice to see you again. Unfortunately, Cheshire is out on a trip, but I will gladly signal for her to return. And in the mean time..." The guard trailed off.

"I would like to catch up." The white queen spoke up, while entering the room, still fluttering her hands about. Alice smiled at the woman and gave her a quick hug. Alice told her that she was happy to be back, but would also like to see everyone else too. The queen sent a guard to retrieve the rest of the protagonists, filling the room. The avengers stood off to the side of the room, awkwardly.

Meanwhile, the guard that Y/n had spoken to earlier, had taken out the button and pressed it, signalling to the mad cat to return.