Barriers~ Chapter 60

I hold my handout as an attempt to catch a flake of falling snow but my body heat was too much for the frozen rain drop to handle and it immediately disappeared. Darn necessity to have body heat around 98 degrees. I smile to myself but am brought out of my thoughts by the sound of shouts.

"Y/N! IT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP IF YOU ACTUALLY KEPT UP!" Tony yelled through the intercom. I rolled my eyes and got to my feet before teleporting to stand twenty feet in front of the two military trucks barreling through the snow covered woods.

"SHIT!" Natasha exclaimed, swerving to the side so that she wouldn't hit me. I grin maniacly until I catch sight of a Hydra soldier hiding behind a tree, wearning armor that camoflages with the snow.

"Boi you ain't got nothing on me. Now lemme help you yeet yourself into painville." I sass as I launch myself at the man, extracting my claws and slashing them at his face and particularly over his eyes. He yelled in pain, catching the attention of other soldiers. I teleport to Clint, quickly snatching an arrow from his holder, then teleporting back to the soldiers that were searching for me.

"BE GONE THOTS!" I screech as I stab them in the hearts. I heart a metalic sounding thunk and then
"Shit!" Tony curses.

"Language." Steve scolded. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken." I began to tune out all of the conversation as I teleported to the building. I looked around and saw that the wall seemed completely normal, but as I lifted my hand and attempted to place it against the stone, a bluish-purple hue appeared.

"Yeah, think we lost the element of surprise." Clint says.

"Ah ah ah. For you maybe. You seem to forget that I am often not all there." I respond with a smirk. I teleported for what seemed like the thousandth time today, and, at the same time, turned invisible. I, while still invisible, snapped the neck of a man attempting to creep up on Clint, before I appeared into sight again.

"Did you just say often?" Clint asks but I ignored his question.

"I have my reasons." I respond, only making him look even more disturbed.

"Wait a second, no one is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language'?" Tony interrupted. Steve only sighs and explains that it just slipped out, making me laugh.

"I wonder what else slips out." I mumble with a grin.

"Ew! Really Y/n?!" Clint exclaimed. Before I could respond, he sighed and added on. "Y/n, search the base and see if there's a weak point that you can pass through with your intangibility thing."
"Aye aye sir." I salute before teleporting away and doing as he asked me. Hmm nope not this side. No matter that I'm invisible or intangible that barrier still blocks me from entertaining. I continue walking around the building, running my hand along the side of the barrier, searching for anything that looked like a weak spot. I was about to test another spot when I feel something.

"Guys. There's a powered amigo among us."

"Uh, what?" Tony asked.

"There's someone with powers or whatever."

"How can you tell?"

"I'm just amazing like that." I respond. It was silent for about a minute when I hear a hmph and a thud on the interco, then Natasha reporting that Clint was hit. "Where? Lemme heal him." I

"No! No, I'm fine."

"But Clint-"

"No, keep looking for an entrance, save your energy." I grumble to myself after his response but did as he said.

"We have an enhanced in the field." Steve reported. I hum in response as I kept searching. I tried to pay as much attention as possible but was semi distracted by all the violence out on the field.

"Guys! I found a weak spot!" I exclaim happily, and was just about to walk through when the whole barrier dissipated.

"Draw bridge is down people."

"Well fudge you Tony." I teleport behind him and follow him inside the base. I giggled at his funny commentary. I skip ahead of him