Shield~ Chapter 48

I follow Agent Rogers's motorcycle as he rode it down the road that led to the S.H.I.E.L.D. head quarters. I was invisible to the human eye as I flew along side of him. My anxiety started to set in when I noticed spikes rise out of the ground, daring Steve to drive over them. I stopped momentarily when a S.H.I.E.L.D. jet flew past the both of us and stopped in front of us.

"Stand down Captain Rogers." An agent said over the intercom, unaware of my presence. "Stand down. Repeat, stand down." They kept repeating this order, but Steve doesn't listen as he kept driving towards them. I started worrying more and more the closer he got to the jet. I inwardly groan, and press my index finger to my headpiece and speak."

"Steve." I spoke.

"What?!" He snapped.

"I'm going to help you. All you need to do is hold your shield up for me. Just do what I tell you to do." I order him. I saw him give a slight nod before holding his shield up. I stop flying, and land on the ground. At the speed of light, I run forward and jump onto his shield. When Steve feels my weight on his shoulder, his pushes his shield up, giving me momentum to jump up and grab onto the jet.

I climb up and tell Steve over our private intercom to throw up his shield to wear he thinks I might be. He does so and continues driving forward. I grab the shield and continue jabbing it into important systems of the jet, causing it to malfunction and fall to the ground. Once I did what I had intended to do, I jump down and place Steve's shield in front of him, because I was still invisible.