A Plan~ Chapter 53

"I am afraid I have been stalling, Captain. Admit it, it's better this way. We are, both of us, out of time."

"Nope! Just you!" I exclaim before turning intangible and running through the closed door with ease, knowing that both Nat and Steve would live, and planning to heal any of their wounds. I had panicked, which was the reason I left my companions. After the smoke cleared, I ran back to where Steve and Natasha were, quickly grabbing them and teleporting all of us out of the place.

Once we were in a safe area, I let go of the both of them, looking them over to see if they had any major injuries. As far as I could tell, neither or them were majorly injured except for a few scrapes, and quickly forming bruises.

"We need to lay low..." Steve murmurs.

~Time Skip~

We stand in front of Sam Wilson's front door, soot and dirt scattered on our bodies. Steve reaches up and tiredly presses the doorbell. We watch as Sam pulls up his shades, so he could see us, then he opens the door with a confused expression.

"Hey man." He said as he gazed at Steve.

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." Steve says.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." Nat adds. Sam sighs, and turns to allow us into his home.

"Not everyone." He says calmly. After we walk in, he quickly looks outside before closing the door and closing the shades again. Natasha and Steve takes showers, while I steal some extra clothes from Sam, not wanting to use up all of my defensive magic. I sat next to Nat on the bed as we wait for Steve to exit the bathroom.

When he does, he throws a towel on the kitchen sink before turning to us. "You guys okay?" He asks us. We both nod as he sits on the bed, his body facing us.

"What's going on?" He asks Nat with concern. She sighs.

"When I first joined S.H.I.E.L.D, I thought I was going straight. But I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA. I thought I knew whose lies I was telling, but I guess I can't tell the difference anymore." She replies sadly. I wrap my arm around her comfortingly.

"There's a chance you might be in the wrong business." Steve responds. Natasha lets out a slight laugh before responding that she owes him. He merely shook his head and dismissed the response.

"If it was the other way around, and it was down to me to save your life, now you be honest with me, would you trust me to do it?" Natasha asks the both of us.

"Yes." I told her.

"I would now." Steve says. "And, I'm always honest."

"I made breakfast." Sam says as he enters the room we were sitting in. "If you guys eat that sort of thing." He says passively making me chuckle.

"Yes! At least I do. I'm starving. Gotta a bowl of milk?" I ask as I follow him into the kitchen.

~Time Skip~

"So the question is, how do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer in broad daylight?" Steve asks. I sigh, trying my hardest to come up with a plan that would actually work.

"The answer is, you don't." Sam says as he drops a file on the table in front of us.

"What's this?"

"Call it a resume." He responds. I tune out of the conversation, really focusing on ideas we can use to kidnap the officer. Right after they actually come up with something useful, I spring to my feet.

"I GOT IT!"

"What?"

"LETS HAVE A KID TAKE A NAP AND MAKE SURE THE OFFICER WALKS IN THE VICINITY OF THE SLEEPING ADOLESCENT, AND THEN HE WILL BE CONFUSED AND WE CAN KNOCK HIM OUT WITH A GOAT!"

"I will repeat again. What?"