𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

You walked out of the hospital holding the piece of paper in your hand.

Pregnant. I'm gonna have a baby. You thought you weren't sure how to tell Draco. They weren't exactly trying for a baby but now there's a beating heartbeat inside of you.

This baby won't have the best life, this baby will know that their mother is a criminal you couldn't give your child a normal childhood. 

How would Draco react? He's only eighteen, was he ready to be a father? Possibly not. You looked at the paper over and over again, hoping it would be different but it still said positive. You let out a sigh and went home, luckily everyone was out including Draco. You went to your room and stared at yourself in the full—length mirror. You walked closer to the mirror and lifted your shirt, you traced your fingers across your bare stomach.

"Soon I will start to show." You whispered to yourself. "I should tell Draco I mean he is the father. I hope he won't leave me." You lowered your shirt and plopped down on your bed and sighed. You stared at the ceiling and began to think of alternatives. You could get an abortion but you didn't like the idea of killing an unborn child, you could also give the baby up for adoption.

Her baby can have a better life than what you had, with a simple nod she knew what she wanted to do with the baby. You sat up and stared out the window.

"Y/N, I'm back!" Draco's voice called out. You turned your head away from the window and stood up. You walked downstairs. You saw Draco setting the bags of food on the counter, he looked at you and smiled.

"Hey love," you replied, feeling a bit nervous around him. Draco rose an eyebrow.

"How was your day?" He questioned, walking closer to you. He held your hands and stared deeply into your eyes. "Did you go to the appointment?"

"Uh...Yeah...I did..." You replied. Draco nodded, he wanted to make sure you weren't ill or have a disease.

You began to feel the urge to throw up again but held it back. You decided to tell him the news to him. "Draco."

"Hmm." He hummed in response. You took a deep breath and looked into his eyes.

"I got the results back and it's nothing serious but I'm pregnant." You replied.

All of the air felt as if it had been sucked out of the room. Draco sat there, feeling like he got punched in the gut.

Pregnant? I got her pregnant? He thought. Before Draco could say anything you sprinted to the bathroom and emptied your stomach. Draco didn't have to think twice about following you, his heart aching at the sound of your vomiting.

You felt Draco's hand reach under your shirt and traced his fingers up and down your back while his other hand pulled your hair back.

After a few minutes, you felt well enough to sit back. Draco wrapped his arms around you and held you close to his chest, both of them sitting in silence Draco began to process everything. He was gonna become a father, was he ready? Not really. He felt your head slumped onto his shoulder. You had dozed off.

He carefully got up and picked you up and carried you to bed. You didn't even flinch when he laid you on the bed. He pulled the covers up over you and kissed your forehead.

"Sleep well, love." He whispered before leaving the room.

....

Draco blinked and looked at the clock on his laptop which read two in the morning. He had been looking at articles online about pregnancy and what to expect. He was still numb. The fact he created a baby was floating in his brain. He hadn't planned to become a father not for a long time until that reality sank in that he was going to be a father. He continued to click on links not caring what time it was.

"Draco," you called out. Draco looked up from his laptop and quickly went to your side.

"Y/N, are you ok? Do you need anything? Are you hungry? I can make you some food." Draco rambled, you chuckled and shooked your head.

"I'm fine...we're both fine, love." You answered. Draco smiled and nodded. The two of them sat down on the couch. "Draco, I have been thinking and I realized that I can't give our baby a good life."

"Y/N." Draco began but you cut him off.

"Draco, listen to me." You begged. Draco nodded, you took a deep breath. "I can't give him or her a good life. Our baby will know that I'm a criminal and you're just eighteen. We're not ready to be parents...I want our baby to have a normal childhood and I can't give him or her that so I want to give our baby up for adoption. That's the only option."

Draco looked down and nodded, he felt tears threaten to spill but held it back in. "Are you sure about this? We can try to figure it out."

"No, we can't give this baby the life he or she deserves. Our lives are messed up, I have rivals who can harm our child if they ever find out about the baby and I don't want anyone to hurt the baby." You explained. Draco began to think of other solutions.

"I can ask my parents to raise our baby, I'm sure my mom won't mind," Draco suggested. You shooked your head. You had tears in your eyes as well, this was very painful for you to give up your baby but you didn't want their baby to be harmed by the other mafia rivals.

"Draco, they can figure out where the baby is if we give her or him to your parents they will find out and might harm our child...I know this hurts both of us, to give away our child to another family but it's too dangerous if the mafia rivals found about this baby. Adoption is our only option. I can't kill this innocent baby Draco." You replied. Draco nodded, they were both crying.

"If that's what you want then I'll accept it as well," Draco replied. "Our lives are messed up right now and with this baby on the way, it would be more dangerous for him or her so adoption is our only option."

𓆙

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter and share this story with other people!

Write down your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote!

Thanks for reading!