𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

You waited patiently in the waiting room for any news on Draco. It's been two hours since they took him to get checked out for his injuries. You decided to walk around the hospital when you felt someone grab your arm which caused you to jump.

"You okay?" Rafael asked.

"Yeah..." You answered quietly, suddenly remembering the traumatic morning, and a weird expression covered your face. Rafael noticed, quickly stepping towards you and wrapping his arms around you. You were sure he meant well, but you felt a bit uncomfortable knowing that the hug most probably was something more than just a friendly hug to him and you pulled away.

You looked at him awkwardly. He'd seemed to have frozen, trying not to show the emotions that were going on inside of him, but you could tell that he'd been hurt by your rejection.

"It's Draco..." He trailed off, looking past you as if he was trying to find the right thing to say, but was obviously unable to. You sighed, breaking the awkward silence.

"Look Rafael, you're a great guy and any girl should be lucky to have you..." Placing your hand on your chest for emphasis, you searched his eyes with yours. "Honestly, and I feel privileged to have you as a friend." He gave you a weak smile.

"But nothing more than a friend though..." He muttered quietly, looking down, causing you to feel bad.

"I'm sorry..." You said barely louder than a whisper as if speaking too loud would make your words hurt him even more. "...but my heart belongs to Draco. It always has..." He still kept his gaze on the floor as you delivered the final blow. "I love him, Rafael..." You took a deep breath before continuing. "I love him...he changed me into a better person, he was always by my side and I hope you will do the same." You looked at him hopefully. He was quiet for a moment before smiling at you.

"You know I'll always be there for you." He reassured before turning serious. "I just hope Draco realizes how lucky he is... If he ever tries to do anything to you I swear I'll..."

"I'm sure you will." You said cutting him off while teasingly nudging him. He let out a small chuckle before straightening out his face again.

"Y/N I'm serious." He said.

"I know..." You smiled. "But I don't think that you will ever have to worry about that." He shrugged.

"You never can be too sure." His eyes were a little brighter and he didn't feel as down as just minutes earlier, which made you feel better. You met his gaze and you became suddenly filled with gratefulness.

"Thanks." You said receiving a questioning look from Rafael.

"For what?"

"Everything. If it hadn't been for you I hadn't been able to get to the cabin, or make it back alive for that matter...and Draco would still be stuck there..."

"I didn't really do that much." He shrugged. "You're the heroine..."

"That's not true. You helped a lot."

"Maybe..." He chuckled a little, shaking his head as if he came to think of something.

"What?" You asked.

"We felt like if we're in an action movie." You returned his smile as they walked back to see Draco's parents standing there.

"Did the doctor say anything about his condition?"

"Yes. They had to reopen several small wounds on his right arm and remove two—shot that were apparently the ammunition " Narcissa said. "They also had to stitch a pretty large gash on his elbow. And he has two fractured ribs and he has suffered a minor concussion. He'll be fine though. None of the injuries are permanent and the risks of something going wrong throughout the healing process are almost equal to none. He will make a full recovery..." You felt relieved hearing that. "Apparently he was also dehydrated..." You just nodded, letting it all sink in.

"Have you two seen him?" You asked, Narcissa and Lucius nodded.

"He wants to see you, dear," Narcissa said. You looked at her with hope in your eyes.

"He wants to see me?" Narcissa nodded and smiled sweetly at you.

"Go, and be with him." You nodded and walked to Draco's hospital room and took a deep breath before opening the door. You saw a detective talking to Draco while writing down in his notepad. You went to his side as Draco tried to explain what happened to him, trying so hard to fight back the tears.

"Thank you for your time, Mr. Malfoy." The detective said, placing his notepad in his pocket. "The trial will be in two months and we want you to take the stand and tell your story." Draco nodded slowly. The detective bid his goodbyes and left the room. You grabbed Draco's hand and gently rubbed it.

"Hi," you said quietly.

"Hi," Draco replied as he stared at you. He couldn't believe you were there in front of him, you were still alive and you aren't dead like what Israel had told him.

"I talked to the doctors and they told me that you can be released from here in two days." Draco nodded and laid against the pillow. "You were right about Israel, I'm sorry that I didn't believe you, and look what they have done to you."

"Don't blame yourself, I'm just glad he will be locked away along with his father," Draco said.

"I still don't understand why did he betray me? Why did he keep his secret that he's the son of Alan?" You sighed.

"Alan didn't only have one son." Draco began. "His other son was Ryder." He watched as your eyes widen when he mentioned your ex's name.

"Ryder?" Draco nodded

"They both planned to make you suffer by taking me away, they wanted me dead just like how you killed Ryder that night."

"I'm sorry you went through that, love." You sighed. Draco decided to tell you what Israel confessed to him.

"Y/N, Ryder wasn't the one who told the authorities about you," Draco explained, you rosed an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" You asked.

"It was Israel who was informing the authorities about you, he framed his brother just so he could get close to you." He sighed. "Israel was in love with you so when you began dating Ryder, he framed Ryder of leaking information out of the group, and once he was dead. He wanted to get close to you but then I came along."

"Draco, I had no idea that Israel was the actual one that leaked information about me to the police." You had tears in your eyes, remembering their fight a few months ago. "You were right all along and I didn't believe you, I'm sorry."

"Don't be. We both didn't know Israel was the son of Alan, whatever happened long ago was in the past now I want to spend my life with you." He replied.

His eyes wandered to your stomach that he knew that you had lost their baby.

You quickly noticed his gaze and didn't know how to tell him about the loss of their daughter, you didn't know that he already knew. Draco noticed your mood change and quickly tried to get up but groaned in pain. You sat on the edge of his bed and directed him back against the pillow and looked into his grey eyes.

"I know," Draco spoke quietly as tears welled up in his eyes. "We lost our baby."

No matter how much you tried to be strong in front of him but you still grieved of the loss of their baby even if it had been a month since you lost their baby.

"I tried to protect myself that day but one of the bullets entered the side of my stomach and I lost so much blood. I couldn't protect her." You let out a sob as tears rolled down your cheek. Draco caressed your cheek and he too was crying.

"We gained a little angel, it wasn't your fault that you lost our daughter. It was those men who will face the consequences." Draco spoke. You held his hand as the two continued crying.

Together they cried for the loss of their baby.

𓆙

A/N: I hope enjoy this chapter.

Write down your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote!

Thanks for reading!