Chapter 1

"Attention Readers:

Before we start this chapter I just want you all to know,This a slow burn book, designed to tease your anticipation as you wonder whether the characters will or won't get together and when they'll finally take things to the next level. Rest assured, there will be plenty of steamy content, but it will unfold gradually. I kindly ask that you give this book a chance and leave comments to let me know your thoughts and feedback. Your input is greatly appreciated!"

Please enjoy !

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lorna:

Ugh !! The impending return to school loomed before me, marking the end of summer's freedom. On the plus side, I couldn't wait to reunite with my best friend, Reece – his absence during the summer felt like an eternity. He spent the entire break in Spain, while I held down the fort here. Late last night, Reece had sent a text announcing his homecoming, but it wasn't until this morning that I noticed it. In response, I assured him of my impending visit and instructed him to message me once he was up.

Anticipation mixed with apprehension as our reunion approached. Over the summer, I had undergone a subtle transformation. Gone were the braces, revealing teeth that finally aligned in perfect harmony. And, for the record, my "enhancements" weren't surgical; a grueling training regimen with my sister Gina, a personal trainer, sculpted my physique. I gained curves and even a modest bust, largely thanks to the effects of a certain pill that miraculously cleared my skin of blemishes. My mom, a doctor, had prescribed it to quell my complexion woes, and in doing so, it seemed to have unintentionally contributed to my non existed bust, yey me !!!

How does the pill help with spots you ask ? apparently its a hormone imbalance , so the hormones the pill contain can help reduce sebum production that causes acne.. So I'm so happy it worked as I'm now spot free .. well apart from the odd one or two I get when I'm due my period but I'm only human everyone gets them, well expect for one person (Reece) but I don't think he's even human, He's the most beautiful person I've ever seen, he was most definitely created by the gods of hotness, every girl in my school is obsessed with him except me, so I keep telling myself.
I'm just hopelessly in love with him, but I will never tell him that,as I know he would never feel the same way. So why ruin a good thing..

We've been best friends since we were 5, well me 5 and him 6,his mom and my mom were college bfs, so you see we are very close, even when his Mom died when he was twelve.Mom and Dad always made sure to keep in touch with his Dad and brother.They often come around for family dinners and get-togethers ..

Anyway enough reminiscing you'll learn more about me and Reece as the story progresses ..

As I assessed myself in the mirror, my long blonde hair cascading in loose waves, I deemed my appearance satisfactory. A hint of mascara, a touch of tinted moisturizer, and a rose-hued lip balm completed my look. In the lingering warmth of summer, I opted for a casual ensemble – white denim shorts paired with a black crop top, complemented by a breezy black linen shirt worn unbuttoned.

Satisfied with my outfit, I slung my bag over my shoulder and slipped into my trusty black denim converse. Just as I reached for my phone on the bedside table, a message from Reece caught my eye.

"Hey dimples, Austin called and dragging me to Brady's Grill and Diner. Can you meet us there instead? The rest of the gang are there too. Can't wait to see you :) x"

"Dimples?" I retorted in humph . "And yes, I'll join you in 20 minutes. Looking forward to seeing you too :)."

His reply, playful and teasing, echoed back, "Haha, doofus really? And you do have dimples :)"

Perplexed, I queried, "Eh, where?"

"One on your chin and a cute one on the right side of your face when you smile ..."

The unexpected observation sent warmth rushing to my cheeks. "Oh, right. Thanks for pointing out my 'bum chin,' doofus. Anyway, I'm leaving now. See you soon."

"Bahahaha, 'bum chin,' do you want me to start calling you that instead? ;) "

"Don't you dare !!!"

"Just hurry your little 'bum chin' up, will you x"

"I'm warning you, Matthews !!"

"Fine, fine. Just hurry. I'll order for you so you don't have to wait, ok? The usual, yeah?"

"Yes, please. But get me a vanilla oat milkshake instead of full-fat milk."

"Yuk, sounds gross."

"Hey, don't knock it till you try it. See you soon :)"

Descending the staircase, I spotted my father engrossed in his office work.

"Dad, I'm heading out to Brady's. Tell Mom not to wait for me for dinner," I called out.

Dad emerged from his office, raising an eyebrow quizzically. "Who are you meeting at Brady's?"

"Are any boys going to be there, hmm?" he inquired with a knowing smirk.

I shot back, "You know I'm almost eighteen, right?"

"I do indeed, my little button," he replied, affectionately poking my nose. "But as your father, I'm entitled to know what company you keep, especially if they're of the male species."

"Jesus dad Male species?" I exclaimed in mock exasperation. "Are we aliens?"

"In a way, yes," he chuckled.

My Dad is very tall and well built, he looks really good for his age, although he is only 45 he only looks in his mid 30's so does my Mom , people find it hard to believe they have two grownup daughters.. I often get asked is my mom my sister which of course she loves and i hate, because she never stops bragging about it and my dad only eggs her on,Well because he's still to this day besotted with her..

Taking a deep breath, I confessed, "Yes, there will be boys and girls there. Reece is back, and we're meeting at Brady's for food and some pool before our Torturous last year of school starts."

"Ahhh, Reece," he mused, a smirk playing on his lips. "What are you smirking at?" I asked, my annoyance evident. My family had playfully ribbed me about my childhood crush on Reece for as long as I could remember.

"Nothing, nothing," he shrugged nonchalantly. "Anyway, Button, enjoy your time. And tell Reece I said hi." He winked.

I roll my eyes at him, will do dad and for the love of god please stop calling me button,..

You'll always be my little button nose ,he says as he bops me on the nose once more before walking away chuckling.

I chuckled as I exited the house, shaking my head. Sliding into my mom's car, I set off for Brady's, eager to reunite with Reece and our friends.

Pic of what I imagine Lorna to look like, I've know idea who she is but she's beautiful I think ...

Boring chapter I know, its just an introduction to Lorna and her life so far..

Hope you all enjoyed the first chapter .
Also this book is a slow burn at the start with lots of teasing so if you can please bare with me..

Another note: if you could give me some feed back I'd also really appreciate it. 🥰