Chapter 9

Reece

Running late as usual, the jet lag hits me hard today. I rush down the corridor towards the English class, feeling the weight of sleep deprivation tugging at my senses.

Pushing the classroom door open, an abrupt hush falls over the room as eyes turn in my direction. I can feel the gazes of girls attempting to catch my attention, but I brush them off with practiced indifference. My focus is on one person.

There she is, sitting at her desk, looking stunning as ever. A smile tugs at the corners of my lips as I make my way towards the empty seat next to hers.

Lorna's smile lights up when she sees me approach. I respond with a confident smirk, knowing that I'm well aware of her little secret - the dream she had about me last night. The thought alone makes the corners of my mouth twitch in amusement.

She frowns, clearly puzzled by my smirk. I watch as a rosy blush creeps onto her cheeks, her embarrassment evident as she quickly averts her gaze. Her smile fades, and I can tell she's attempting to bury herself in her notebook, feigning interest in its contents.

A chuckle escapes my lips, the amusement bubbling up within me. I can practically read her mind, knowing exactly what she's thinking about...

As she shoots me a curious glance, her frown deepening, she finally gives in to the question that's been nagging at her. "What's so funny? her tone a mix of curiosity and a touch of irritation.

My smirk softens into a more casual smile, and I shrug nonchalantly. "Oh, just remembered something, that's all.

Narrowing her eyes at probably sensing there's more to this than I let on. "Remembered what?" She queries, her curiosity getting the better of her.

Shaking my head, I dismiss it. "Nah, it's nothing. Just some random thought,my  gaze drifting away from hers as if the matter is settled.

She's not entirely convinced, but drops the subject. "Alright then, trying to sound nonchalant,she reply's back to me.

After a long hour of English, the bell finally rings, ending this boring class. Gathering my books and bag, I make my out the door and over to Lorna.

What class do you have next ? Em geography she smiles softly at after checking her schedule.
I notice Connor looking over with a smug smile on his stupid face. Throwing him a warning glare to say shut your mouth.

Lorna looks between the two of us arching her perfect brow, wondering what we are doing.

Connor  smile goes wider, taunting me even more.

After saying goodbye to her friends and promising to catch up during the morning break, she turns to me. "See you at lunch?" Her eyes glinting..

"Yup , I respond. In or out today she questions? "Out!" Connor chimes in at the same time.

Our synchronized response catches her off guard, and she bursts into laughter. "Well, that settles it then," she chuckles,amused by our simultaneous agreement.

Connor and I laugh at our Synchronised answer,he then seizes the opportunity. "Ready to head to class with me?" he teases, a playful smirk dancing on his lips. She nods,see at lunch, she turns to speak to me. Yeh see you then ..

My Jaw is clenched staring at Connor's back knowing the fucker got to me. I swear if he try's anything on her I'll kill him, best friend or not, although I don't think he would, not without my blessing, to which can whistle for, because he'll never get it..

I proceed to my next torture session, a.k.a. Math class, where my enthusiasm is zero. As I trudge to the back, I spot Austin. He's waving me over, clearly saving a seat. I offer a half-hearted nod in gratitude.