Chapter 12

Reece

We arrive at Nick's house, and the party's already hopping and it's only 7.50 pm. Strolling in with Connor by my side, Austin's parking his car, saying he'll be DND, but we all know he'll end up leaving his car here and pick it up tomorrow, he always does.

Nick comes over, welcoming us in, "Drinks are in the kitchen, plenty to choose from," he tells us. The music's blasting from the massive speaker in the dining room, a small DJ booth setup there. I spot Keith on the decks, one of the guys from the football team.He gives a salute – We nod back.

Nick leads us to the big kitchen. His place is pretty spacious, not as big as mine, but not far off. Not sure what his parents do, but around here, people are either living comfortably  or rich. "What do you guys wanna drink?" he asks each of us.

"Beer for me, please," I say. "Yeah, me too," Connor replies. I take a huge gulp, already half the bottle gone. Letting out a satisfied sigh.

"Someone's thirsty," Nick chuckles. "Or someone's aiming to get wasted tonight," Connor adds.

"Nope, just a long-ass week. Plus, I haven't had a beer in months."

"You didn't drink in Spain?" Nick asks.

"Nah, mostly trained with my Dad. Yeh I noticed  how much bigger you've gotten. Almost as big as your bro," he points out.

"Yeah, we had a few fights over there, so we were both training hard. When I wasn't, I was working for my Dad. No time to indulge, unfortunately."

"Except with Yara," Connor says, playfully elbowing me. My smirk confirms his statement.

"New girl?" Nick asks.

"Nah, someone I hooked up with over the summer. We had fun," I say with a sly smile. "Love those no-strings-attached relationships." He says..

We all nod in agreement. "Anyway, I'm gonna do my rounds as the host. Feel free to have a wander and help yourselves to whatever you want," Nick suggests.

"Yeah, cheers, thanks."

"Where the hell is Austin?" Connor asks, scanning the crowd. "There he is," we spot Austin making out with a redhead.

"Jesus, he's been here two minutes, and he's already hooking up," Connor laughs.

I down the rest of my beer, grabbing  another bottle, and take another big gulp.

"You're really aiming to get wasted tonight, huh?"

"Yep," I smack my lips in agreement. "I'm Stressed and horny, 'and it's all thanks to my certain blonde best friend."

"So, my mission 'drink and fuck it away' tonight.

I scan the room, looking for her and the other girls. "What time are the girls getting here?" I ask Connor.

He shrugs. "Did Lorna not text you?"

I pull out my phone to check, but there's no text. I decide to send her one.

"Hey blondie, we're at the party. Are you girls coming?"

I see the text bubbles pop up.