Chapter 24

Reece

She had kissed him again, right in front of me. Reece stormed off, his anger burning as the entire school witnessed it. He seethed inwardly, knowing he had to face that guy at practice now.

But no, he couldn't accept this. The halls had emptied out, and he changed direction, marching toward the girls' locker room. He anticipated finding her there, knowing her gym class was scheduled for today. Spotting her heading his way, he confirmed they were alone before acting. As she neared a line of lockers, he pulled her and pressed her against them, effectively trapping her between his arms. She gasped in surprise.

"Reece, what are you doing?" she demanded, clearly taken aback.

He leaned in, his frustration evident. "Care to explain what the fuck that was all about out there?"

"W-what was all what about ? Her voice trembled, filled with confusion.

"Don't act like you don't know, Lorna." His tone turned harsh. "Are you pretending to be clueless?"

Her response had a bite to it. "I'm not pretending, but what's it got to do with you?"

He shot back, frustration evident in his words. "It has everything to do with me. You've been avoiding me all week since the barbecue, making excuses every time I try to talk to you. And now you're flaunting your PDA with Nick in front of me."

Lorna's retort was sharp. "I didn't flaunt anything. He kissed me, okay?"

"Didn't see you pushing him away," he retorted. "Looked like you were pretty into it. She glared at him not knowing what to say..

Is he good ??

Her voice quivered as she stammered, "W-what  ?

"You heard me," he stated, his face drawing closer, his voice a mix of anger and intensity.

"I said... is he... good?" His voice was charged with a mix of frustration, hurt, and a hint of something else. His eyes flared with a storm of emotions, his face hovering so close to hers that she could feel his warm breath on her lips.

"Y-yes, h-he's good," Lorna stammers out, a mix of defiance and resignation in her tone.

Reece slams his hand against the locker beside her head, the loud bang making her flinch. Her voice trembles as she says, "Reece, you're scaring me."

His anger still boiling, he demands, "Is he better than me?"

The hallway falls into a tense silence.

"Answer me, Lorna," his voice is low and intense, his head now leaning close to hers.

"Reece, please," she responds, her voice filled with a mixture of apprehension and uncertainty.

"Answer me," he repeats, his darkened eyes boring into hers, his thumb tracing her lips gently.

"No," her reply is a soft breath, barely audible.

With a sudden intensity, he grabs the back of her head and crashes his lips onto hers roughly. The kiss is charged with aggression, need, possessiveness, and a deep sense of confusion. It's not like their previous kiss on the rooftop; this one is dominating, as if he's marking his territory.

Lorna feels a mixture of emotions, her whimper only fueling his desire. She tries to push him away, but he's too strong, his grip on her waist unyielding.

Reece suddenly feels a wetness on his lips, and he pulls away, his gaze locking onto Lorna's face. He sees her tears streaming down her cheeks, her lips now swollen and a hint of blood from their intense kiss. Guilt rushes over him as he realizes how rough he was.