Chapter 16

Lorna

My alarm went off loudly in my ear, reminding me it was time for yet another dull and torturous day of SCHOOL. Just great.

After the weekend's events, getting up was a real struggle.

My head still felt a bit tender, but at least the bump was starting to go down. Unfortunately, my knees and hands didn't look so good. The bruises were already turning that dark blue and purple, especially the ones on my knees.

Thankfully, my mom didn't notice because I wore that long tank dress yesterday. She did, however, spot the bags under my eyes from lack of sleep.I had tossed and turned all night, with everything that happened playing in my head on repeat.

She also proceeded to lecture me on underage drinking, and partying, yada,yada,, yeh like I'm sure she never did any of that stuff when she was younger! The amount of stories I heard from my parents and Reece's dad about all the wild and crazy things they got up to, I'm pretty sure my dad said she was dancing on table when she slipped and fell on top of him, pissed out of her head, apparently she blamed him, but he said he fell in love with her straight away..

Anyway getting back to me,, my head was pounding all I wanted to was go back to bed and sleep..
So, you can imagine I wasn't thrilled when my mom said we were meeting my sister Gina for brunch. She lives in an apartment half an hour away, with her girlfriend, just five minutes from her college.

I had gotten a bunch of texts from people asking if I was okay. Samia practically yelled through the phone, promising to beat up Kady for bringing those scumbags to the party. Sarah and Connor checked on me too. I thanked Connor again for coming to my rescue, and he replied sweetly with "anytime"with a heart emoji. I hadn't forgotten to ask him how he was holding up. Since he did get a black eye and busted lip because of me, but he said he was fine and would see me at school.

Kady texted, wanting to come over, but I wasn't in the mood. I told her we'd talk at school. She apologised again, but something about it didn't feel genuine. Maybe I'm overthinking things...

It wasn't until I was out with mom and Gina that I got a text from Reece. He'd been asking if I was okay, but my replies were short. I was still mad at him for embarrassing me, and then storming off when Nick kissed me. It was just a dare, and I still don't know why he seemed so angry. But then he had to go off with Nick's sister... I can only imagine what they did. She wasn't wearing much when she opened the door for him, and he looked pretty pleased with what he saw.

It hurt. I know he can do what he wants, but he had always waited for me to go home before hooking up with girls. Not that I asked him to, he kissed plenty in front of me, but never left me to fend for myself, especially knowing I'm not much of a party person... and especially after what happened to me five years ago.

A memory I want to keep locked away forever.

"After brunch, my mom and Gina were going to do a bit of shopping. They asked if I wanted to join, but I said I was meeting Reece. They both swooned. Mom loved Reece like he was her own, and Gina knew that I had feelings for him. I confessed to her over the summer one night when I was high.

She always knew, but could understand my turmoil in not wanting to ruin our friendship, so she never pushed me to confess. She'd always say if it's meant to be, it'll happen naturally.

When I met up with him, my nerves kicked in. I've never fought with him, except that one time when we were small—(you know what happened.)

He looked so good, as he always does. When he looked at me, I saw the hurt in his eyes. I could tell he was sorry, but I had to let him know why I was so hurt and disappointed. I also wanted to know why he was so mad at me. But we never really got that far because I was a blubbering mess, and all I could do was cry in his arms. I couldn't stay mad at him. His big puppy dog eyes would never allow me to. But I was glad to get it out of my system, even if I didn't get the answers I was looking for.

Crossing Boundariesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें