Chapter 29

Warning:
Mature content ahead 😈

Reece enters the kitchen and gazes at Lorna's tear-stained face. Despite her slightly smudged mascara, she remains the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.

His eyes drift to the jumper she's wearing – recognising it as Lance's. Though he's not thrilled about it, he doesn't voice his concern, deciding it's a matter for later.

"Lorna," he begins, but she averts her eyes, clearly not eager to talk. Rising from her seat, she announces, "I'm going to stay in the spare room. Lance said it was fine." She heads toward the stairs.

Reece moves swiftly, reaching her, he gently grabs her arm and turns her around. "Please, Lorna, hear me out," he pleads. He places his hands to rest gently on her shoulders. She looks at them, and he takes a step back, giving her space. With her arms crossed and a challenging expression, she demands "Well, go on then."

"Nothing happened, Lorna, I swear," he starts earnestly. "Yara forced a kiss on me. I didn't expect it at all. When I pushed her away, I yelled at her, demanding to know why she did it. She wouldn't answer at first, Then I look and see Sarah walking over. At first , I thought she was doing it to make her jealous, but Sarah came over saying it wasn't. It was all for show, a way to make you hate me so would stop being around me. I have no idea why to be honest.

Reece sighed heavily. "Yara and Sarah were seeing each other," he admitted. Lorna's eyes widened, though she held back from saying anything. "Yara's dad doesn't know she's gay, which is why I've been pretending to be her fake boyfriend. She asked me the night of the barbecue. Her dad seems to want us together for some reason. But I told her I was done pretending. I told her I wasn't going to lose you over this."

Lorna's voice laced with animosity, "That's great and all, Reece, but it doesn't explain why she hates me. I never did anything to her."

"Kady!" Reece blurted out.

Lorna looked at him, bewildered.

"It was Kady," he continued, "She was feeding her lies about you, about us. Yara said she was trying to help me."

"Help you with what ? What was kady saying?" Lorna asked, her confusion evident.

"It doesn't matter, Lorna, because it was all lies. Kady is a conniving little bitch who's jealous of you.She needs to put you down to try to make herself feel better. Under all the makeup she wears, she's nothing.

Reece's tone grew fervent, "But you! You are the most beautiful, most caring, funniest, sweetest, and laid-back person in the world, who has the biggest heart. Kady is a loser, a nobody."

His voice wavered as he continued, "But I need to take responsibility for all of this. I should have told Yara 'no' from the beginning. If I had, none of this would have happened. I wouldn't have pushed you away, and I wouldn't have pushed you toward Nick." His voice cracked slightly. "This is all my doing. I'm an asshole, but I'm so afraid to lose you. Please, Lorna, please give me a chance to make it up to you, I can't lose you. His eyes were etched with remorse and sorrow.

Biting his lip in haste. "I wanted to tell you tonight, or to ask you if we could start over, to give us a chance. I know you feel something more than friendship," he said, looking earnestly at her. She looked away, unsure of what to say. His hand gently reached for her chin, turning it toward him. "Please, let us try. I'm so in love with you, Lorna. It turns me into a madman. I'm possessive, and I hate seeing you with other guys. It killed me seeing you with Nick."

Is that why you stormed off and fucked his sister? That night at his party! Giving him a low blow.
It hits him hard, causing him to cringe. "Yes," he admitted, "I wanted to pull him off you and punch him for touching you, but I couldn't. I was angry and frustrated. I didn't know you would see me walking into her room."