Chapter 17

Lorna

The next two weeks flew by. I patched things up with Kady, kind of. I told her it wasn't her fault, and that we were still friends. But things weren't quite the same between us—maybe they never really were, perhaps it was just my one-sided perception. I didn't quite understand why she hung out with those guys really..She wanted to meet up tonight, but I had plans. I told her maybe we could catch up tomorrow night instead.

It was Thursday evening, and I was getting ready to meet Nick. He asked if I wanted to go see a movie. He texted to let me know he was outside waiting for me.

My phone buzzed—a message from Reece popping up. Speaking of Reece, I hadn't seen much of him lately, as he was training hard for his upcoming fight this weekend. We talked on the phone and texted. He asked if I was going to come see him fight. I was firm that I wouldn't be there, but I agreed to meet up afterward at Club Star, a nightclub his dad owned, part of his hotel.

: Please, Lorna, come,his message pleaded. It'll mean the world to me if you're there to cheer me on.It made me smile.

: Ahh, okay,I replied. But your dad better be there to pull me away in case I need to jump in and help you🫣.

: Haha, don't worry, I've got this. It's an easy win for me😉, I appreciate you coming to support me even though you hate seeing people fighting ❤️."

: 😘😘 See you Friday," was my only response.
***

My date with Nick went well. He seemed like a genuinely good guy, not the typical egotistical jock. At least not around me. He dropped me off, and we chatted for a bit, sharing a small kiss before saying goodbye—nothing wild, but it was nice. He really was a good kisser.

Friday night arrived, and everyone was at the club, including Lance, Reece's brother. Reece had won the fight, of course. Thankfully, his dad didn't need to hold me back, but I did get teased by his brother for the screams I let out every time a punch landed on Reece.

Lance went to fetch drinks since we weren't all of legal drinking age. Reece did too because everyone knew him. We were in the VIP area, so we didn't have to squeeze through the crowd to get to the bathrooms or the bar, thank god!

The club was alive with energy, and everyone was having a great time. Kady was here as well. She seemed to be back to her usual self, not the bitchy version. I hoped it would last.

People came up to congratulate Reece on his win. He seemed to be enjoying himself. It was nice to see him smile. He looked especially good tonight, wearing a black tight T-shirt that clung to body defining every outline of his muscles and black jeans. His hair was styled in a slightly messy look.His face was perfect, even with the small cut he had above his eye. His green eyes sparkled, with his perfectly straight nose and strong jawline and his full pink lips, so lush.., I couldn't help but stare. As if he sensed it, he glanced at me, a smirk playing on his lips. He strolled over to me, teasing as he whispered in my ear, his mouth brushing against it softly. "Like what you see, Lorna?" My face heated up due to his close presence. Feeling a bit bold, I responded, "Maybe I do."

But before he could respond, Samia pulled me away. "Aww, love this song!" She shouted, grabbing me, Sarah, and Kady, and dragging us to the dance floor.

***
Third person POV

Feeling the music course through her veins, she's compelled to sway her hips and move to the rhythm. The song exudes sensuality, and as she dances, she feels truly alive. All her worries dissolve into the air when she lets herself be carried away by the music. The volume is cranked up so high that she can sense the vibrations resonating within her, kindling a confidence she doesn't typically possess. In the moment, she feels undeniably sexy, completely oblivious to the attention she's drawing to herself.