Chapter 10

Lorna

After a few more lessons, the lunch bell rings, signaling our break. We all gather outside – Reece, Samia, Kady, Austin, Connor, Sarah, and I. Sarah and I stroll out together since we share a history class.

"So, where do you guys want to grab lunch?" Sarah asks, her stomach growling in agreement. Austin joins in, giving his belly a pat, "I'm starving too." Austin's our messer , especially among the guys. He's good-looking with black hair and blue eyes. He's not as tall as Reece or Connor, but he's not short either.

Speaking of Connor, he's the quiet one among the guys, although he's got his mischievous side too, he'd have to,hanging out with Reece and Austin. He's around the same height as Reece, maybe an inch shorter. He's a football player, so he's in good shape. Reece used to play football and was the school's lead quarterback, but now he's shifting his focus to fighting.

I worry about him getting hurt, which is why I haven't gone to many of his fights. I know,I know I should be supportive, but the thought of him getting hurt makes me anxious. I almost jumped into the ring during one of his fights last year, and I had to be pulled away by his dad, it causes me to chuckle at the memory,It's his life though, and I think he's a great fighter he might even go pro.

Reece is a mix of personalities. Sometimes he's serious, other times he's goofy and funny. He's also caring and kind, especially to his friends. He cares about me a lot and like to make sure I'm safe all the time.

He's looking good today,he's wearing a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and white Nike sneakers. His t-shirt shows off his muscles, I can't help watch the way his bicep flexes,as he slings his bag over his shoulder. He's talking to Connor and doesn't notice me staring,thank god.

I'm reminded of the dream I had about him the other night, and my cheeks flush at the memory. The naughty thoughts of his expert tongue and fingers filling me up, a flutter rushes through me at the thought, as it felt so real.

"Wait, where are we going for lunch again?" Sarah interrupts my thoughts. "I'm so hungry I could eat a donkey," she exaggerates, causing us all to laugh. Connor corrects her with a grin, "Don't you mean a horse?" Sarah shrugs it off with a casual "Same thing," which earns more laughs. Samia playfully corrects her about the animal types, but Sarah is undeterred. "Whatever, I'm starving. Let's go," she declares, and we all share a chuckle.

Amidst the laughter, Reece catches my eye, smirking and raising an eyebrow. He walks over, his tone teasing, "Lost in thought?" My heart races as he gets closer, his cologne enveloping me. "Something on your mind?" he playfully asks.

"Um, well, I..." I stumble over my words, feeling flustered. "Don't think I didn't see you checking me out, Devine," he chuckles, his eyes twinkling.

I blush and protest, "What? No, I was just thinking about lunch." He smirks, not buying it. "Sure, sure. No need to hide your admiration," he teases, his tone light.

"Seriously, you're so full of yourself," I say, swatting at him. He laughs, undeterred, and takes my hand. "Come on, let's go. You can ride with me." He leads me to his car, shouting to the group, "See you guys at the café in five!"

I feel Reece's eyes darting toward me occasionally as we head to the café. He draws out his words in a slow drawl, breaking the silence, "Sooo, how's your first day been?"

I respond with a chuckle, "It's school, so what's there to love?" He chuckles in agreement, I ask him the same, "How 'bout yours?"

"Same old boring stuff, like always," he replies.

I picked up on you looking a bit tense during the morning break. Everything alright?" I ask, noticing his jaw tighten at the question.

"Yeah, just the guys bugging me to get back into football," he mumbles. I could sense there's more to it, but he seems unwilling to dive into it, so I let it slide. "Not planning to play this year?" I inquire further.