Chapter 11

Reece

The week zoomed past, and now I'm stuck in math class at the back with Austin.

"Are you going to Nick's party tonight?" Austin asks. I shrug, "Not sure. Who's going?

"The whole gang, pretty much.Not sure about Kady though, but I'm guessing you don't really care if she does," he chuckles.

Coincidentally, it's as if she hears us. Kady turns around, shooting me a small smile. I quickly look away. I hadn't seen her all week, and I was secretly relieved. I'm not even sure if she's been coming to school; I haven't seen the girls with her either. Lorna mentioned sending her a text, but got no reply.

I don't get why Lorna even bothers. Especially after Kady's outburst in the café on Monday. I couldn't hold back, jumping to Lorna's defense. I was fed up with Kady's snide comments about her. She's blatantly jealous of Lorna, going so far as to tell her that she comes off desperate with her behavior.

I wish Lorna would've told her to fuck off, but she's not one for conflict or confrontation; she's more of a peacemaker. But fuck that. I wasn't going to sit back and let Kady disrespect us just because she's jealous. Accusing us of constant flirting in front of her. Lorna's my best friend, and I won't let some jealous bitch dictate how we should act, even if we were flirting.

Finally, class is over, and I make my way to the door, with Austin right beside me. "So, you going later?" he asks.

"Eh, not sure," I reply. "Come on, man, you have to. It's the first party of the school year. We haven't partied since you were away. There'll be lots of booze and slutty girls looking for fun. Please, come! "

"Fine," I sigh, giving in. "I guess letting loose for a night, getting wasted, and maybe hooking up with some random girl could be what I need."

'Lord knows I need some action, I haven't fucked or even kissed anyone since I got back from Spain, I know what your thinking that's only a week ago, but a guy hands needs, plus these feelings or thoughts I have of Lorna doesn't help. Maybe hooking up with someone might take my mind of her..'

"That's my boy!" Austin exclaims, patting my back.

Just as I'm about to leave, Kady catches up to me, breathless. "Reece, Reece, can I talk to you?"

"Speaking of sluts," Austin whispers in my ear, making me snicker.

I stop, letting Kady catch her breath. Austin nods at us and walks away, leaving us alone. "So, what do you want to talk about?" I ask.

She smiles, stutters over her words, seeming nervous. This isn't the usually confident and arrogant Kady I know. "I just... uh, wanted to apologize to you."

"For what?" I question, curious. "I was way out of line the other day. I shouldn't have spoken to you like that, accused you of flirting with Lorna. I know you're just friends, best friends," I interject, what ? she asks.

"We're best friends," I correct her again .

"Oh, yeah, I know," she chuckles nervously. "But I was wrong. I was having a bad day and shouldn't have taken it out on you."

"That's good, Kady, but the apology should go to Lorna," I point out. "You told her she seemed desperate based on how she acted. That's far from the truth. You throw sly remarks at her for no reason, even though she's nice to you and stands up for you. She's too kind to confront you, but I won't stand by and let anyone treat her like that."