Chapter 2

Reece

Reece

Bang bang bang

Hey yo wake up bro, my brother lance calls from my bedroom door continuing to bang on it...
What the fuck Lance stop banging on my door, I'm up you dick, your a dick he says back in a child like mock,and he's supposed to be the older one! so mature, so mature he repeats me laughing at me..Scowling at him, what do you want ?

As he walks away, he delivers his message: "It's 2:30pm and Austin is at the door."
Wait, 2:30 already? Damn, I must've been more exhausted than I thought. Our flight back home landed at midnight, and after texting Lorna, I crashed into bed and fell asleep immediately.

Glancing at my phone, I see a message from Lorna, my best friend. We hadn't communicated much during the summer while I was in Spain, but we did exchange texts and the occasional phone call. I'd attempted a few FaceTime calls too, but our timing never aligned. I'd heard she got her braces off, and I was eager to see the results. Not that her teeth were anything to complain about before – she had a charming little gap between her front teeth that suited her. But if it makes her happier, then I'm all for it.

I read her message

Hey Stranger ;) Glad you're back. Give me a shout when you wake up, and I'll call around later, yeah? :)"

I start typing my reply when Austin, another close friend, barges into my room. He practically tackles me with a bear hug and exclaims, "Hey, man! I missed you so much, faking a sniffle.
I chuckle and play along, "Missed you too, you big weirdo."

He's quick to point out, "Holy shit, bro. You've bulked up!"

Yeah," I reply, my size and definition having increased due to intense training during the summer. I've always been into MMA fighting, an underground passion. My dad's cool with it, considering he's a former fighter himself and now coaches fighters, in his spare time as he also has his business to run, he owns a few hotels in the states and one in Spain.

Austin probes, "Did you win any fights over there?"

Yep, a few," I respond, though most of my time was spent training and helping out at the hotel my dad owns.

His eyebrow wiggles mischievously as he asks, "Meet any hot señoritas?"

Confirming that I did, mentioning Yara, a girl I met. She's from the States and her father runs the hotel in Spain .

Austin inquires if things are serious between us, but I explain that I'm not looking for anything serious, especially with the distance involved.

He teases, "Oh yeah, nothing to do with a certain blonde blue-eyed honey whose name starts with L, huh?

I protest, "What? No, Lorna's my best friend." But deep down, I know he's not entirely wrong. Lorna is more than just hot; she's amazing in so many ways. I silently reprimand myself for getting lost in thoughts of her .