Chapter 38

Reece

When Lorna got back from the restroom, I could tell something was off. She was fine before, or maybe not. Running into Melissa wasn't ideal.

I never reached out to her after that night, but then again, no promises were made, nor did I have any intention to do so.

Lorna seemed in a bad mood. When I asked if she was okay, she said she was just tired. Her tone said otherwise, but I didn't want to bug her during the movie. I just wanted to enjoy it with her.

I pull her back onto my lap, kissing her jaw and neck, trying to pick up where we left off. She resisted, pushing me away and saying she's not in the mood, sitting back in her seat with a scowl.

Confused, I ask, "What's wrong, Lorna?" My voice stern. "Nothing," she tells me, but it's clear something's up. Not wanting to make a scene, I say, "Okay, if you say so," and turn back to watch the movie.

I can't seem to enjoy it, and it's clear she's not either. I can feel the bad mood radiate off her, Suddenly, she says, "I want to go home."

"What?" I ask. "I want to go home, please," she sounds angry now. "Okay, Lorna, what the hell happened? You were fine before you went to the toilet, and then you come back in foul mood. Don't tell me it's because you're tired. Something happened, and I want to know now," my voice rises, and I can feel people watching us.

Lorna's eyes shift away towards somewhere , and when I glance in the same direction, Melissa and her friends are staring at us, with Melissa wearing a sly grin.

"Did she say something to you?" I can feel my patience waning. Lorna looks away, responding, "No."

"Really? Then why are you pissed?, and why do you keep glaring down at her. So, tell me, Lorna, what did she say?"

"Nothing!!" she seethes. "Fine, then I'll ask her myself," I say, getting up to confront Melissa. Lorna grabs my arm, pleading, "No, please stop. I just want to go home, and if you don't take me, I'll get a taxi or I'll walk," standing up, ready to leave the theatre.

"Lorna, wait!" I yell after her.

As I go after her, I hear giggles. Looking back, I see Melissa and her friends sniggering. Melissa's eyes meet mine. I walk back to them, lean down, and with a threatening promise, I say, "If I find out you've said anything to upset my girl, you're gonna pay."

Her stupid grin is gone, replaced with a pale face. I storm out, looking for Lorna, but she's not here. Where did she go?

Taking my phone out, I dial her number while running out of the cinema. I hear it ringing, and I look over to see her standing by the taxi rank, waiting.

"Lorna, what are you doing?" This is ridiculous.

I'm going home, Reece," she spits out. "That's fine, but you are not taking a taxi home on your own,I'll take you home, okay?"

She nods and follows me back to the jeep. We get in, and I put it into drive. She's quiet,I steal glances at her; she's chewing on her lip a tells tale sign that she pissed, anxious or worried, I'm thinking the former.

I know that Melissa said something to her, as her scowl is still etched on her face. I wait till I pull up to the driveway of her house, before talking to her.

She goes to open the door, but I lock it. "Open the door, please," she asks in a low tone.

"Not until you tell me what happened back there," I demand.

"Can we just forget it?" she looks at me, and I can see the anguish in her eyes.

"Forget it? - Lorna you stormed out of the cinema. It was supposed to be our night together, especially since I haven't seen you much.