Chapter 19

Lorna

Casually strolling through the doors of my last class, dragging myself to school today felt like a chore. I had this dumb exam looming over me, something I had to do because "it's part of your grades," Ms. Fallon had told us.I still wasn't feeling a hundred percent after having the flu ..

I got caught in the rain on Tuesday evening with Nick. He asked me to hit the mall with him to help pick out a gift for his Mom's birthday. We spent quite a bit of time browsing around, but do you ever get that eerie feeling like you're being watched? Yeah, that was clinging to me. Especially after Reece told me about that video of me dancing. And then, later that night, an anonymous text landed – a video of me and Reece dancing together. The caption was all sweet, like "don't you two make such a lovely couple!" But then took a sickening twist when it added, " although I'd prefer you in my arms while I fuck your brains out... by the way, hope you liked the other TikTok video I shared of you."

My phone got chucked across the room in response, which totally cracked the screen. I was freaked out, and panic started to grip me, I was teetering on the edge of a panic attack, but I had to force myself to calm down because I could hear Dad's voice outside, asking if I was okay. I shouted back that my phone slipped, and he bought it, thank God. He can be overly protective of me, probably normal, given what happened to me.

Anyway, Nick eventually settled on something for his mom, with my input, of course. When we finally left the mall, the rain was coming down in buckets. We had to make a run for it to Nick's car, ending up totally drenched. And then the cherry on top: Nick's back tires had been slashed. We were baffled. Who the hell would do that? That sickening feeling crept right back in, telling me someone was watching us.

Nick called for a tow truck while I called my mom, asking if she could pick us up. It was Rush hour traffic, she said it would take her about half an hour. No point in standing outside getting more soaked than we were," so we killed time in Nick's car while we waited. Sitting in wet clothes wasn't helping, and another 40 minutes in my mom's car didn't do much for my health. Traffic was a nightmare that evening.

We dropped Nick off and by the time I got home, I was practically a mess. So, I jumped in a hot shower, hoping to shake off the chill, but nope – I ended up with a fever, headache, coughing, and sneezing. Fortunately, having a doctor as a mom meant I had a medicine cabinet full of remedies.

And now, here I am in English class, still feeling like crap and about to take a goddamn exam. Reece hasn't bothered to talk to me, I think he's pissed off at me, for some reason. But honestly, I'm too worn out to care. So I put my head down and focus on my test. His sneaky side glances don't go unnoticed, though. But when our eyes meet, he'd just look away. Ugh how childish ...

When the bell finally rang, I gathered my stuff and got ready to leave. Reece came up from behind, asking, "How are you feeling now?"

"Oh, so you're talking to me now?" I shot back.

"What? When was I not talking to you, Lorna?"you're the one avoiding me ..

The truth was I had been avoiding him. That creepy message I received had me freaked out, and I knew if Reece saw me, he'd read it all over my face. My eyes couldn't lie, especially to him – he knows me too well. So, I needed a few days to sort myself out and get back to being my usual self.

The incident with the kiss had been bothering me too. After we got back to my house, Samia and Sarah stayed over.
Samia told us why she Kady were fighting, something about Kady talking shit about her and Jordan,oh and she had mentioned something about me, but I wasn't surprised she seemed to have it out for me lately, so much for her apology,, not bothering about her, I decided to tell them what transpired between me and Reece.