Chapter 36

Reece

"Come on, Reece, focus!" Dad grinds out, swinging at me but barely missing.

Dad, I'm exhausted. I'm panting, with sweat pouring off my head and down my face. Dad has been really pushing me today. You do realise this is just a friendly fight right?" I say as dad throws another punch and then a kick my way. I manage to block them, but it's not easy. Dad definitely doesn't hold back when he spars with Lance or me before a fight. He says it'll toughen us up, no point in taking it easy on us.

"Yes, I know, Reece, but that doesn't mean you should train any less. These friendly fights are a test for you to see how you will fare in a real match. Take them seriously, okay? Besides, I've checked this guy out and he's good. He may not have your build, but he's quick," dad conveys. "You need to channel all your concentration and effort into training, as if you're already in that ring fighting your opponent."

"Okay, dad, I will," I assure him. "Good, let's go one more round, and then we're done for the morning. I want you to hit the weights and then do some cardio for the next two hours after." You'll be training with Lance later on as I've to head to the office and then meet up with my lawyers about that piece of shit Jorge..

Sure, okay.

After building a case against Jorge, my dad had thrown him out of the company. It turned out Jorge had stolen important documents and millions from my dad's company and also caused my dad to lose important clients by feeding them lies about him. As a result, those clients had pulled out from certain projects, leading to a significant loss for my dad. However, they quickly realised that Jorge was a fraudster who had lied and defamed my dad, so they came crawling back.

Yara has also had to leave the school, thank goodness. She had called me last week, begging me to ask my dad to let her stay in the school. Of course, it wasn't up to him, and I told her where to go, especially after she threatened to harm Lorna. The nerve of her. Last I heard, they moved out of their modest four bed house. I'm not sure where they are now, except for Jorge, who is in jail, awaiting his trial, he had no one to bail him out,  "Good enough for him .." The money he stole was in an off shore account which my dad had mange to get back.

After I finished, I hit the showers. I texted Lorna to see if she was awake and if she wanted to have breakfast with me. We hadn't seen each other much lately,and when we did it was only for a short amount of time, which is not as much as I would've liked. My fight is in a few more days, so I'm hoping to spend a little time with her before I push myself even harder for the next couple of days.I'll see if she wants to go to the cinema with me later. I know she wanted to see that new comedy that just came out. I don't really care what movie we watch as long as I get to spend some time with her. I miss her plus I'm feeling really horny, I need some release before Saturday.

She texted me back saying she'll be ready, which makes me smile. Ten minutes later, I'm outside her house.

"Hi, baby. I'm outside," I text her.

"Hey, I'll be out in two," she replies.

Two minutes later, she comes strolling out. Damn, she looks good. How did I get so lucky? She's wearing a pair of black jeans with a knitted grey sweater that fits snugly against her body, and a little leather bomber jacket with a scarf wrapped around her neck.

"Hey, you," she says as she gets into the Jeep. Leaning over and kissing my cheek, she pulls away. I pull her back, placing my hand behind her head. I place my mouth on hers, kissing her deeply and nipping her bottom lip. She groans putting her hand on my chest, while opening her mouth to allow my tongue to dance with hers. I deepen the kiss, ravishing her lips. The taste of her sweet lip balm causes me to lick around them, savoring the flavor.Only then do I pull away, leaving both of us breathless.