Chapter 35

Lorna

Wiping the sweat from my forehead, I gasped for some water after running 15 laps. I was both sweating and panting for breath. I made my way to the bleachers where my handsome boyfriend was sitting, grinning at me.

He handed me a bottle of water. "You look good out there, baby," he said.Taking the water bottle from him,I smile,thank you. "Why are you out here?"

"I had a free class and I wanted to see my girl," he said, pulling me into him and kissing my lips. "Eew, God, you stink, Lorna," he chortled into my neck. I pushed him away. "Well, what do you expect? I just ran 15 laps without a break." He chuckled. "I know, baby. I'm just teasing. You don't stink." I glanced at him, not believing a word. "Okay, maybe a little," he grinned. It didn't stop him from hugging and kissing me though.

The rest of the girls were making their way over as they finished. "Damn, Lorna, how do you finish so quickly? You lapped me twice," Britney, one of the girls from the cheerleading squad, says to me as she tried catching her breath, She was probably the only one who ever spoke to me as the rest of them just did whatever Mia told them to. I don't think Britney cared to much, she was a good cheerleader plus her sister had been head cheerleader two years ago. So I think Mia might have been afraid if she did anything against Britney her sister might come after her.

I just shrugged. I guess I'm just having a good running day," she laughs. "No, you're just a rocket," I feel Reece's grip on my waist pulling me into him. "Indeed she is, and not only on the running field," I slap his arm. "What, I'm just being honest," he chuckles. Brittney laughs out, "You guys are so cute together. I don't know what everyone's problem is with you two. Anyone can tell you are meant to be."

My brows furrow, "What do you mean?" Oh, it's just Mia and Kady are always making snide remarks about you, but I wouldn't pay any attention to them. They are just jealous.

She smiles at us and says goodbye then walks away, heading towards the school. Reece pulls me out of my trance, as I'm still in thought. "She's right, they're just jealous. Don't let it get to you, okay?" he says, turning me around and looking down at me, smiling. "God, he's so tall and hot." I give him a small smile back and nod in agreement. "I better go shower." "Okay, I'll walk with you," he says, taking my hand.

"How did it go with your dad?" I ask as we walk. "Hmm?"

"Your chat about Yara and her dad. Oh yeah, he said he knew Jorge was up to something even back in Spain. His suspicion grew when Jorge was persistent about moving back to America. My dad said money and files started going missing from different accounts, accounts that Jorge was in charge of. He also found it suspect when Jorge claimed that Yara was my girlfriend; he reckons Jorge was trying to push us together, just in case anything happened. Maybe he thought my dad would go easy on him. Anyway, he's building a case against him.

"Wow," I say, "that's crazy. Your poor dad must feel so betrayed."

"Yeah, he does,but like I said, he had a feeling Jorge was up to something back in Spain. I think that's why he allowed him to get closer, so he could catch him out. My dad is no pushover," he says with a proud air.

"Anyway let's hope he gets what he deserves, no doubt my dad won't go easy on him.
Oh, before I forget, I have a fight coming up in 3 weeks. I meant to tell you the other day, but you had been very naughty and needed to be punished, he grins wickedly, It's just a friendly, but I'll be training every day, so I might not always be here to give you a ride home," he adds, sounding apologetic as he stops and turns me around his hands go to my waist.

"That's fine," I say, looking at him and smiling. "I can hitch a ride with Sarah or I'm pretty sure I can walk home."

"No," he shouts. Startling me. " Sorry, I didn't mean to shout. But you aren't walking home. It's not safe." Frowning at him, I ask, "How is it not safe? I walk home all the time, Reece."