Chapter 5

Reece

After storming off, I hopped into Austin's car since he drove. Austin and Connor followed suit.

Austin drove off towards Connor's place. "You okay, man?" Connor asked.

"Yeah, you seemed pretty pissed back there," Austin added.

"I'm fine," I rasped out.

"You sure? You stormed off pretty fast," Connor replied.

"I know, I know. It's just that Kady riles me up the wrong way. Her snide little comments and remarks get on my nerves. She's a snake, and I don't trust her."

"I think she's obsessed with you, man," Austin remarked with a smug smile.

"I don't give a fuck if she is. I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire. She's a weirdo, thinks she's above everyone, especially Lorna. She pretends to be her best friend, but she's not, and Lorna is too nice to tell her to fuck off."

"That's because Lorna is too nice," Connor said, and Austin added, "And hot."

"We get it, Austin. You've got a thing for Lorna," Connor remarked, making me narrow my eyes at him.

He laughed nervously, "Haha, so do you, Connor. You were only saying you'd love to ask her out on a date."

My head turned to glare at Connor, and he gulped. "Only if you don't mind, Reece. I mean, you've said you're just best friends, right?" He arched a brow at me.

"Yeah, we're best friends, but that doesn't mean I want my other two friends dating her," I sniped.

"Why? It's Austin's turn to query me now."

"Because you two will fuck anything with a vagina, and Lorna deserves someone who will treat her like she's the only woman in the world, not you two walking dicks."

Austin burst out laughing, and Connor said, "I resent that comment. I would treat her like a princess."

"Sure you would, and then you'd get bored."

"Okay, okay, fine. I won't ask her, only if you admit you want her to be more than your friend. If not, then she's fair game," he threw me a sidelong smile.

"She's not a fucking piece of meat, Connor, and I don't... I'm just very protective over her. I've known her all my life, so I get a little defensive over her."

"Riiiiight," they said in sync. "You're telling me that you don't ever think about her in a non-friendly way? You don't think about her luscious lips gently kissing yours, or her toned body and long legs wrapped around you, moaning your name? Because I have," Austin said, and Connor followed, both chuckling.

"Shut the fuck up, no, I don't. Now drop it," I warned them with a stare.

They said nothing after. The truth is, I have done so on many occasions. I even thought about telling her how I felt before summer, but I thought, why ruin what we have? Hell, I doubt she'd even feel the same way. But then, seeing how she was with me today, being all flirty and stuff, her newfound confidence was a complete turn-on. And don't get me started on all her new curves. A few dirty images popped into my head when we were playing pool. Even when she took off her shirt, revealing her tanned, toned stomach, I wanted nothing more than to pick her up and lay her down on the table, kiss her from her lips down to her stomach. Shit, I can feel my cock straining against my pants. Shaking my head to rid of these thoughts.