Chapter 42

Warning Mature Content ahead :

Reece

The bell rings, confirming the start of the last round. I hadn't expected my opponent to bring me down in the second round—perhaps I was too overly confident after dominating the first round without any hits to myself.

"Right, I need to focus," I internally say to myself. Glancing at Lorna, I notice the worry etched on her face. I smile, trying to reassure her that I'm okay. Her lips tug up into a small smile in return.

My opponent hits me again, this time in the ribs, causing me to grunt in pain. My dad and Lance shout instructions, guiding me on where to strike. I shake my head, clearing my mind to refocus. The toll of the week seems evident; I can't afford to let this guy get too close.

He swings a jab, and my dad shouts, "Now!" I see the opening, ducking to avoid the hit, then land a punch to his face, knocking him back. He looks stunned, so I don't give him the opportunity to bounce back. I swing my leg, landing it right on the side of his ribs. I go for another swing, but his arms come around my shoulders, attempting to knee me in the stomach. We grapple for a bit, and I manage to swing my legs around his, knocking him onto the cage floor.

It's not easy; he's good. I land a punch to his temple, leaving him dazed. Seizing the opportunity, I lock my arm around his neck and secure it with my other hand, preventing his escape. He kicks his legs, trying to break free, but my hold is tight. Adding pressure to his neck, "tap out," I growl to him, but the stubborn fuck refuses.

"Not a chance," he grunts. I put extra pressure on, and he starts gasping. His face turns almost purple. I hear his coach urging him to tap out.

Finally, he does it. The bell rings and the crowd goes wild. The cage announcer enters the cage to announce the winner. He stands between me and the other guy, placing his hand on both of ours. I know I have won, but my heart still beats really fast, and the adrenaline is still pumping through my body. I feel his hand lift my hand in the air, announcing me as the winner.

The arena erupts with chants of my nickname. I hear my dad and Lance yelling, "You fucking did it!" They rush into the cage. My dad lifts me up, and kisses my head, placing both hands on my face. Lance also wraps his arms around me, saying, "I knew you would do it, bro. You're a beast!" He shouts over the noise, rubbing my head.

I can hear Connor and Austin screaming, "Reece, you legend! We knew you could do it!" Dad lets me go, and Lance does too. Lance whispers, "Go to your girl." I look over, and there she is, standing at the front of the cage, tears in her eyes and a big smile on her face. I smile at her as I walk over, lifting her up by her waist, trying to keep her modesty, as I don't want anyone seeing up her dress.

"You won," she says, smiling down at me. "I'm so happy you won."

"Me too, baby," I say, grinning at her. She places a kiss on my lips, and I kiss her back while deepening the kiss. I can taste her tears. "I was so scared for you, Reece," she mumbles between our lips.

"I'm good, babe. There was no need to worry," I reassure her as I let her down onto the floor. Looking down at her, I bring my hand to her face, wiping away the tear and the smear of blood that got on her face, obviously from me.

All I want to do is whisk her away and make love to her all night, reassuring her that I'm okay, that we're okay. I lean down, pecking her lips.

"Go wait for me in my room, okay?" She nods, saying, "Okay, oh and well done again. I'm so proud of you," hugging me once more, then leaves. The crowd is still going crazy.

Dad calls me over as they want me to say a few words after my victory. I say a few, keeping it quick and simple, thanking some people, especially my dad and brother Lance, oh and not forgetting Lorna. Even though she doesn't hear me, I'll thank her again later.