chapter 61

??? Pov

We were chasing someone around in the forest. I didn't expect it to be promoted into doing this.

I ran behind a tree and aimed at them. They're moving to fast. I shot and hit them on the leg. I kept looking at them through my scope but they got up and started running again.

They're running east of the forest. I got my walkie-talkie out.

"Suspect is going east, they're wounded on their left leg", I tried listening to what my leader was saying but all I heard was static. "Sir?",

I sighed and turned off my walkie-talkie and started chasing the suspect.

SNAP

I immediately stopped and got in position to shoot. I looked around the area waiting for another sound to pop up. I sighed and put my gun down.

I turned around and was face to face with a man with a half burnt face. Before I could let out a noise, everything went black.

-

I screamed and sat up. My whole body was shaking and I saw all the bodies of my team.

What happened!?

I crawled to one of my teammates and made sure they were on the ground. I took off my gloves and checked for a pulse.

Suddenly, the air felt like it went down. I could feel a shiver go down my spine.

Is someone watching me?

I started looking around again. I got my gun, stood up and started aiming in random directions.

"Who's there!?", I shot a bush when it moved. I shot behind me when I heard something running.

I started hearing whispering in my head. In my head!?

Where is it coming from!?

I turned around and shot again. I saw a deer fall on the ground.

Everything went silent.

I was panting heavily, sweat was burning my eye but I couldn't take my eyes off the deer. I slowly started to walk towards until the whispering came back. I dropped my gun and started covering my ears. I squeezed my eyes shut as hard as I can.

"Shut up! SHUT UP!! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!!", then everything went back to normal. I turned around and only heard someone trying talk to us on the walkie-talkie.

"Hello? What's your status on the mission? Charlie squad! Answer! What happened?", I ran up to it and picked it up.

"Yes yes! I'm from Charlie! Um... we've been under attack! Everyone! Everyone's dead!",

"Who am I speaking to? Are you the team commander?",

"No! I'm only an officer! The leaders down! Everyone is!",

"What happened?",

"I... don't know...",

"Repeat that again",

"No! Listen! I don't know what happened! I blacked out! And then everyone was... dead...", I dropped the walkie-talkie.

Wait...

Am I... gonna get blamed...?

I started hyperventilating. I dropped to the ground and stared at the walkie-talkie. I could hear the ladies muffled voice talking.

I'm innocent...

I looked up and came face to face with the burned face man again. He smiled while holding the walkie-talkie.

"W-Who ar-", he held up a finger to his lips. He crouched down in front of me, his smile giving me chills.

I saw him press the button and bring the walkie-talkie closer to him.

"I think I've hurt them...",

Why does he... sound like me...?

I tried yelling out but my voice didn't wasn't coming out. What's going on!?

"I need to go...", he crushed the walkie-talkie in his hand dropped it on the ground.

I got up and tackled him to the ground. He just smiled at me when I put my hands around his throat. The harder I squeezed, the more I couldn't breathe! I let go of him and gasped for air. He chuckled and pushed me off.

"You know, I haven't been able to speak in a while, I didn't know this was the way I'd be able to talk either", he got up and dusted himself off. "I suggest not attacking me, I am in your body right now so, you're only hurting yourself", he smirked at me and started walking away.

I tried telling him to wait but, I couldn't. I got up and tackled him again. I tried talking again which made him laugh.

"Fine, I'll let you talk for now", I saw one of his eyes turn from brown to white.

"Y-You... what do you want...", I saw his eye turn brown again.

"Me? I guess I just want to tell a certain someone that I love them", I shook his shoulders and he sighed.

"What does this have to do with me!? Why me!?", he smiled at me, almost innocently. He grabbed me by my face and slammed me onto the ground, his other hand wrapped around my throat, then he stared at me with dead, cold eyes.

"You hurt my beloved, I will make sure that the rest of your life... is a living hell...", he whispered in my ear. He smiled at me once more before getting off. "Come along now, we have to go meet up with her soon",

I looked at him for a bit before standing up. I hesitantly followed behind.

"Oh! And don't try anything funny, you wouldn't want anything to happen to that unborn child of yours. Drop your things too", I immediately took off all my armor and gadgets.

Please God... protect my family...