Chapter 62

Y/n's pov

I finally got all the mud out of my hair. I looked past the tree line and saw a backyard. Luckily it's nighttime.

I ran up to the house and took a quick peek inside. I saw all the lights off other than the TV light. I saw a girl sleeping on the couch.

I went to the back door and tried opening it.

Locked, great.

I sighed and let my head bang on it softly. I flinched when the lights were turned on. A little boy in pajamas was on a stool next to the light switch.

After a little, I knocked on the door. He looked at me and walked towards the back door. I made a pleading gesture. He stared at the door before pointing up at the kitchen cabinets.

Does he want me to get him something?

I nodded my head and then I heard a click. I opened the door and closed it quietly. I sighed and then looked at him.

"Thanks little dude", he pointed at the cabinet again. I went over and opened it. There was a bunch of junk food in there. I looked at him before pulling it all out and laying it on the counter.

I gave him one of everything and then he sat on the stool next to me. I was eating some Cheese-its.

"Can I get some milk too?",

"Sure little dude", I got the milk out and poured some in a cup for him. I got the box of caprisun's for me. "Where are your parents at?",

"They're out for a date",

"When are they coming back?",

"Tomorrow",

"In the morning?",

"I don't know", he opened another twinkie.

"How old are you?",

"7",

"Cool",

"How old are you?",

"18",

"You're old",

"Thanks", I tossed my second caprisun wrapper on the ground. "Who's the girl on the couch?",

"My babysitter",

"She cool?",

"No, she just stays on the couch all day",

"Want to lock her in one of the rooms?",

"She's gonna leave in a little",

"Really?", he nodded his head.

"Yeah, she sleeps at her house",

"Can I stay the night?",

"Did my parents let you?",

"Actually, yes they did", I turned off the light when I heard her groan. I shushed the kid quietly and watched her get up. She yawned and started packing her stuff. She turned off the TV and left.

I took a few peeks out the window and saw her drive off. I went back to the kitchen and turned the light back on.

"You got any clothes I can borrow?",

"Did my parents say it's ok?",

"Yep! They said I can do anything!", I followed him down the hall and he took me to a bedroom.

"This is my older brother's room, he's in college",

"Oh cool, I'm just gonna borrow some of his clothes!",