-4-

-mikey-

Mikey stands up out of his desk as the bell rings to dismiss the last class of the day. He throws his pencil in his backpack and zips it up before he walks over to Hannah's desk, watching her as she neatly piles her books and papers to slide them into her tattered backpack. He doesn't know why, but this makes him laugh; finding her organization adorable.

His phone vibrates in his hand; the group chat asking him when they will be able to meet or if they need to reschedule the recording.

"Hey, how long is this going to take?" He asks as Hannah begins to stand up, her face turning immediately annoyed with him.

He wonders how he upset her, and why he cares, before she huffs, "If you don't want to do this just say so and don't waste my time."

She begins to speed-walk out of the class, a concerned look on Ms. Meridan's face as Mikey exits and grabs her wrist once he catches her in the hallway, "Hannah."

Her wrist yanks from his grip as she spins and glares up at him, "Don't."

"I'm sorry," Mikey pulls his hand away, "I'm not trying to bail."

"Well it sounds like it," she rolls her eyes and heads to the library anyways.

"I just forgot and I have plans with my friends, but they know I have to do this," he informs her as they walk up the stairs. "They just want to know when I will be done."

"I don't know," Hannah sighs, "I wasn't able to get your transcripts on lunch because you have to request them. Once I see that I will know how to create a curriculum to help you."

"My transcripts?" Mikey grimaces at the ground, "I thought you were just helping me with Ms. Meridan's class."

"Well you're failing math, history, and somehow shop as well."

"How do you know all that?" He stares at her perplexed as she removes her backpack and places it at a table.

"Um," her eyes dart to the side, avoiding his glance, "We have those classes together."

"Thats right," he huffs, shaking his head.

"Are you failing anything else?"

"I don't think so," he shrugs.

"Well let's go get your transcripts from Mrs. Carter," she purses her lips and guides him over to the Librarians's office.

She gently knocks on the door frame and peeps her head in, giving a small smile that Mikey finds endearing. He feels his chest warm at the curl on her lips, deciding he really likes her smile. And he wants to see more of it, even determined to accept the challenge to figure how to put it there.

"Yes," an older woman sounds before Mikey steps in front of the door, seeing the librarian behind her desk.

"This is Michael Clifford, my tutee I need the transcripts for."

"Ah, okay," she nods and gets up from her desk, going into the room behind her as Mikey begins to chuckle.

"Whats so funny?" Hannah looks at him.

"Please don't call me your tootie," he shakes his head with a giggle.

"I called you my tu-tee," she emphasizes the difference in the pronunciation.

"Same thing," he shakes his head disagreeing.

"You're so immature," she rolls her eyes, but he just keeps giggling until Mrs. Carter returns with his grades. She examines the papers on the way back to their table before she sits down, "Wow, you've done really well in science, but it's starting to slip."